new game mode : sphere

welll Its who ever is quicker and more accurate with detonating their tractor beams grab radius close to the ball. Im still deciding on if I like the vertical goal arrangement as I think having to be above the goal to shoot if its horizontal is another skill to master, eg. no jets mean no shooting :) + the backboard comes into the game also. As always these things would need to be tested a bit.

Im liking this forum engine, makes more sense than IA's choice (apart from the white) good decision OD crew :)

Ah ok, sorry I must of missed that part. I see what you mean with regards to the horizontal goal, perhaps there can be variations? Yes, I can understand. :)

Yes, this forum is gorgeous. Very smooth and easy to navigate.

theGOAT

this is a good idea, i like it since i did played rokitball before, i think is gonna be cool, but even if they decide to make it it will take lots of time sadly

luiscm97

yeah i prefer only the classic team dethmatch free for all and catch the flag they would finish with the game faster and we could play it before and we will all be fine and having fun:)

Serket

I for one will be playing this mode if it is really made available. Wasn't really that much into Rokkitball when the old arcade was up but i did play a few matches while logged in so to me this sounds primising, especially if it'll take some new approaches and ideas like the ones posted, so hope for the devs to consider this somewhere down the line, and nice suggestion too btw.

luiscm97

yeah it is a nice suggestion but i want to play legions the sooniest possible and maybe i am not a computer nerd but i think if they put a mode like that would be more dificult for the programers and wouuld spend more time

yeah it is a nice suggestion but i want to play legions the sooniest possible and maybe i am not a computer nerd but i think if they put a mode like that would be more dificult for the programers and wouuld spend more time

We're not implying it should be made asap. We're just discussing future game mods for legions. Clearly it won't be in the first release or even the second. It's an idea for the future.

perhaps if the idea gets some more interest I will sit down and nut out details for rules etc. which is the make or break for any sport :cool:

One thing I havent been able to decide on is dying and respawning, as it takes a player out of the game which doesnt happen with other games unless they are injured. I like the idea of continuous play. Im toying with the idea of viewing MA's and chaingun as more of a tackle than a means to their end, like perhaps chaingun could start to reduce the power of the ball carriers jets (after more than %30 health loss) to slow them or MA's make them drop the ball and for the attacker trying to get the ball, receiving fire reduces their fire rate etc. and as soon as the attacker becomes the carrier the effects of fire are reversed rather than ever kill them out right which makes sense as that is what tackles are for in most games. Here I go again with my long sentences with no full stops in sight.

I know a lot of ppl arent going to like this idea as they are attached to the satisfaction and clear victory it signifies when they explode :) but like capture the flag is much less about DM and more about respawing to protect the flag, sphere's objective is shooting goals to win where death only provides some street cred and stops the games flow.

what do u guys/girls think?

Details would be interesting. That being said, I do believe you have written enough to get a general consensus.

I see what you mean with regards to "dying". Rocketball used the same idea and as such was relatively fast paced. I like the idea of the chaingun reducing the jets and as for the rockets... well it's very similar to that other game involving rockets.

Anyway I'm not against the idea, it sounds well thought out and would be a nice change. :D

I am enjoying the victory of passing you for a slam dunk and victory even now. At least until you learn how I did it and do it better than me :)