New Game - MIDAIR

Royalty

The Aussie
As Seymour says, 'Midair' sounds like a skating/snowboarding game.

Something with some backstory/lore would have been nice.

For example, Tribes revolved around the two warring tribes Blood Eagle/Diamond Sword. FE:L revolved around a very Roman inspired look, militaristic structure.

EDIT: The game is making progress, and as long as that's happening, I couldn't care less what it's called :)

Last edited:

Frez

Downjet set radio would be better to be honest... No seriously, I'm happy to see things happening and midair is a cool generic name :)

It's been 2 years since this project has been announced and almost 6-7 months since any updates on playmidair.com, can anyone still loop us in into what's going on so far? I know you guys don't want to make any promises but something to look forward to will help.

• What's the estimated ETA?
  • Will all the contents that are monetized be easy to work for by playing?
  • Would you guys be willing to make a forum on playmidair.com so an initial playerbase can be established?
  • When you make the game, what's your plan after that? Go for making a new game or keep releasing updates for the game?
  • Would an open-world be something you guys are interested in? For example, factions fighting for land on the maps, similar to that of Planetside.
  • If not, do you have plans for game modes other than Rabbit, Team DeathMatch, and Capture The Flag?
  • And I'm sure this is a question necessary to be kept in mind, how will skins and custom colors be done? Will it be obtained through completing missions/objectives? Or would it be monetized like in FE:L, or both? Or would you leave that up to the modding community?

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
It's been 2 years since this project has been announced and almost 6-7 months since any updates on playmidair.com, can anyone still loop us in into what's going on so far? I know you guys don't want to make any promises but something to look forward to will help.

• What's the estimated ETA?
  • Will all the contents that are monetized be easy to work for by playing?
  • Would you guys be willing to make a forum on playmidair.com so an initial playerbase can be established?
  • When you make the game, what's your plan after that? Go for making a new game or keep releasing updates for the game?
  • Would an open-world be something you guys are interested in? For example, factions fighting for land on the maps, similar to that of Planetside.
  • If not, do you have plans for game modes other than Rabbit, Team DeathMatch, and Capture The Flag?
  • And I'm sure this is a question necessary to be kept in mind, how will skins and custom colors be done? Will it be obtained through completing missions/objectives? Or would it be monetized like in FE:L, or both? Or would you leave that up to the modding community?

Most of these have been answered already but I will aggregate it here for you.

• There isn't one at the moment, we don't want to set any public deadlines as we are a small studio and stuff can always go awry.
  • We haven't finalized our plans for monetization yet, don't want to say anything and have it change and be wrong.
  • There will be forums, but not just yet.
  • We will continue to support the game past release.
  • It's a cool idea but we aren't doing it.
  • There's some ideas floating around but nothing is set in stone yet.
  • See answer #2, not finalized yet, we are focused on the game before we focus on planning for monetization.
As for the reason for silence, we are working to meet some internal deadlines and all of our resources have been put to achieving them. As a result, we haven't done any posts or shared anything on social for awhile but we will have some great stuff to share pretty soon, so be sure to stay tuned!

One more question, I love FPS+Z games, but most gamers don't know about Tribes or don't like it at all. what's going to make this different or popular than all of the other tribes games in keeping this game alive for years to come? Are there plans on making the game appealing to the masses?

Royalty

The Aussie
I'm just glad you guys didn't release MidAir this year (as it's my final year of high school).

Crunch time, and wouldn't need any more distractions.

Glad I'll be able to enjoy it come next year though (hopefully it's done by then?)

Good luck to the dev team, do us proud.

Fixious

Test Lead
Ring Launcher:

11807356_1014001508618482_3301330501264824067_o.png

11834681_1014001505285149_9175204699625598247_o.png

11856530_1014001501951816_6586909393473881754_o.png