My observations on American PuGs

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I am the more active server admin that is around yes. But as said GReaper sometimes give other people server admin so that a few games can be played. Wich makes me wonder, i was gone for a mid week so were there any pugs organised? I keep thinking that it is stupid that if I am not around people are not really playing pugs. Asking GReaper to start anything wich may take some time is not always that awful either.

Only game I have seen this weak was the spektrum vs mixed one. And guess who had to organise that? ;)

Mahidhar

In the time I've played in the American PuGs, I've noticed these things. Pride, Ego, Anger, Frustration and Condescension. These are pretty much, what dominated(one might even say define) the American PuGs, and I doubt any of it will change, as long as that 16 people close group stays intact, without letting any other newcomer in.

And also, this does not only happen only in American PuGs. European PuGs aren't perfect either, so stop patting yourselves on the back. There are always retards out there, who think they're better than everyone, and like to play with the ones, who they think are worthy.

Armageddon

Teapot
I played PuGs for a few weeks, then got tired of a some things(mainly player-related. I'll name names if you want). Took a break, then decided to give them another go tonight. Same crap happened again, and I'll be taking another break, perhaps permanent.

Though to be honest I don't have a problem with Frostbyte and Zenith getting the majority of playtime. Fallout is only played when there are a lot of people available for a pug(10v10), which seems to be getting rarer and rarer these days. FB and Z are fun, and that's all I care about.

Name the names, out the people who are making pugs gay, we already know who they are lol...

Immanent

probably cause proto d/c half way throughout the game.

And its a team effort. You might have gotten the grab, but the rest of your team did everything in their power to make sure you got the cap.
True dat. My team actually listened to me when I was calling out that I was doing backroutes and needed some distraction. Good stuff!

In the time I've played in the American PuGs, I've noticed these things. Pride, Ego, Anger, Frustration and Condescension. These are pretty much, what dominated(one might even say define) the American PuGs, and I doubt any of it will change, as long as that 16 people close group stays intact, without letting any other newcomer in.
Yes are these characteristics in every PuG you play in, in Asia as well. I'm probably too oblivious to notice it :l Although we rarely get people qqing which is definitely a good indicator of the quality of our PuG. To be honest, I usually idle around in the TS3 in .ti channel and people usually poke me asking if I want to join the PuG, and I always ask if its starting immediately. If so, I take a look at the number/names of players and join.

And also, this does not only happen only in American PuGs. European PuGs aren't perfect either, so stop patting yourselves on the back. There are always retards out there, who think they're better than everyone, and like to play with the ones, who they think are worthy.
It is true, and I think we are at the shorter side of the stick.

Mahidhar

Yes are these characteristics in every PuG you play in, in Asia as well. I'm probably too oblivious to notice it :l Although we rarely get people qqing which is definitely a good indicator of the quality of our PuG. To be honest, I usually idle around in the TS3 in .ti channel and people usually poke me asking if I want to join the PuG, and I always ask if its starting immediately. If so, I take a look at the number/names of players and join.

It is true, and I think we are at the shorter side of the stick.

I will not say that we don't have problems with our PuGs, but it's definitely not these. I personally do not tolerate this kind of behavior, and Karnage also has the same notion. And if I see anyone with attitude in our PuGs, they will have to deal with me, no matter how awesome, important or popular they are. I do get frustrated, but only at people who take up precious time, doing something else and making the players wait so long. Today is a good example of that, when we waited 30 mins for the guy to show up, only to know that he had to go.

I'm always up for a PuG(If you've noticed I'm in some or the other channel, playing some other game, but I'm there), and I don't have a problem with maps or anything like that. If I do see a map which I do not like, I only express the feeling but not force it down on the organizer so he/she will change the map.

Immanent

And if I see anyone with attitude in our PuGs, they will have to deal with me, no matter how awesome, important or popular they are.
Great! At least somebody is on my side. So an issue highlighted there is in the vague form of "corruption"? I know it's not a very nice word to use, but I really can't think of another word to describe it, apart from butt-kissery, suck-ups, and "having-friends-in-high-places" people.

I only express the feeling but not force it down on the organizer so he/she will change the map.

That's good, because even though you have the power to do so, you still abide by the rules... hmm. The vote-map/kick feature coming soon(?) should hopefully put an end to this issue once and for all. Phew.

Oh... any pug is good if you know how to laugh... I love the american pug's, really funny guys there.
A lot of buzzkills as well unfortunately :/

Pro tip: Don't leave the high pingers till the very last pick. More often than not, they are actually worth an early pick. I
I think you'll find that while it varies on the captain, it's more a matter of them leaving high pingers who they don't know till last.
Personally, while some captains do still leave me till near the end, I'm often a 3rd pick kinda level.

Also, you can't really count the number of caps. As freeman said, it's a team effort.
Personally I have this habit of grabbing with little to no help (sometimes a bit more I'll admit) making it back to base, and immediately passing to the hof who does the standoff.
As a result, while I'm personally responsible for grabbing the flag and getting it to our base, I'm rarely the one to get the final cap.
This also mean's since I'm mostly running around with a flag not shooting anyone, my score is super-low :(