My formal apology

MJ1284

Some of you might remember me as sour person who likes to yell at people without being provoked. Some might remember me as overly sarcastic drama queen who makes a scene out of anything.
For those people I say, my apologies. I do have tendecy to over-react and make people mad at me, can't say I don't deserve that.

So why am I so edgy over a videogame? Well, it's complicated really. It's not just average quality of Pubs, it's more than that. Sure, I get mad if my team totally neglects Offense or Defense, or if our stacked Defense fumbles flag to one enemy Outrider, but there's more to it.

First off, finding a populated game can be pain sometimes, either there are 0-3 people on a server or there's one full server + all other ones are running empty. It's small community and game hasn't been advertised because it's unfinished, I get that, but compared to pretty much ANY online game it feels more tiresome to find a populated server. So instead of "Hey, I feel like playing Leejunz RIGHT NOW" I have to think "okay, nobody's online now, I'll check back in 2 hours".

Secondly, team stacking. Yes, this has been covered in many MANY threads before, but this issue still persists. Game is 4 vs 8 but score is even because of individual skill differences? 1 minute and BAM, RiPpy & pullute & Ajaxis & TR00PER shows up to tear *chocolate cookies* up! All in same server! Oh joy...

Third, no summer vacation for MJ this year! Poor lil twerp has to work 8 hour days as tech support, some of you might know that customer service job occasionally taxes ones patience (and faith to humanity, if I might add) so there's that too. This one has nothing to do with you legionnaires, it's just rotten luck if you happen to get in foul tempered MJ's pathway of rage-ism. Job that requires loads of patience + spending time on game that requires coordination and concentration = not always a good combination.

Fourth and last reason, MJ's PC is poorly suited for fast-paced FPS games. Granted, some of you might call BS or "Excuses!" on this one (won't blame you) but basic Logitech that doesn't sit in palm tends to give twitchy aim. Either my index & middle finger touches mousepad (or plain wooden table in my case) or I have to clench my hand in claw position, neither of these are good.
Sadly, my basic Logitech met it's brutal demise yesterday (autopsy shows that victim died of blunt force trauma) when MJ was about to ragequit ill-ridden Nivosus Public (was early ingame 1 - 6 at that moment, guess which side I was on..). This means MJ won't be around until he gets a good mouse to replace his current one (playing Leejunz without right-clickey is tough!), until that you can breathe at ease and enjoy your Pubs.

So there, I just answered "where does MJ conjure all that primal rage?" in great detail. Feel free to comment, bash on me or offer few encouraging words.

Anyways, I'll try to keep the ragejuice in check and keep Pubs little more enjoyable from now on.

57thRomance

Ouch... pretty tough situation you have there, MJ. Fortunately, a break from Legions always helps me calm down and use the time for better things like running, playing piano/guitar, hanging out with tangible friends, or even just taking a shower. I'm pretty sure you'll find something worth while to do before you can hop back online and play again. Good luck! ;)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
[...] or even just taking a shower. [...]

Showers are good and they help make it so those tangible friends don't run in fear from the funk you exude. ;)

More to the point, I've never thought of you as that bad. There are those that are worse than you, but regardless, the fact that you are attempting to address the problem puts you in better standing in my book :)

RiPTaCk

All this ranting about Pubs. Yet there are lots of things that can be done to improve gameplay.

First of all I suggest not to rage (I know thats very hard for you) if you loose some matches with a high score difference, just if it gets ridiculuos then you are allowed to quit, not ragequit but just quit, the game and listen to some relaxing music and/or play a more evolved game.

Furthermore I suggest, in order to improve the game, not to grief around (like other "stupid" people suggested) but to put some effort into your own gameplay. If you have no offense (mostly the case), just go to their base, hide a few seconds and lama/rj your way out. Simple, easy and very successful method.

There are other changes that can be done to improve Pub-gameplay f.ex. Remove point-system to prevent score-whoring/ Well thought-out balancing system and other minor tweaks. But these changes don't lie in the gamers hands.

57thEnryu

Showers are good and they help make it so those tangible friends don't run in fear from the funk you exude. ;)

More to the point, I've never thought of you as that bad. There are those that are worse than you, but regardless, the fact that you are attempting to address the problem puts you in better standing in my book :)
I agree, whenever I'm pissed I go and take a shower and calm down, even if I Just took one less than an hour before.

Incidentally I feel sorry for you you damn tech support guy. (sorry force of habit, some of them are very nice, others treat me like *chocolate cookies*)

RainPilot

stinky bear
Everyone get's a little puddi here and there. It's all good, just don't be puddi while an admin's around!

Fixious

Test Lead
The server thing is pretty said. It's usually a constant refresh of the public test server until someone leaves, because it's almost always the only one with a decent amount of people. Nothing you can really do about it till we get more players, which seems to be a long ways off(if ever).

Armageddon

Teapot
I feel ya MJ, i got to that point a few weeks ago and now i've been spending time on FNV instead of making my own blood boil over legions and it's many problems. I still play every 3-4 days for at least 1 map, and i find myself enjoying the game even more when i'm not constantly playing only it.

Long and the short of it, take a week off.

Royalty

The Aussie
Meh don't complain you have low ping... what else do you want?

I totally agree with the fact that all the servers are dead 24/7. We should start advertising.

DKnight556

Your points are always valid and I believe everyone here appreciates you for not just raging on the forums but actually putting up points in a way that they can be discussed.

MJ1284

If I were in face-to-face customer service I'd probably try that. Sadly odor doesn't transfer via phonelines, at most my co-workers would just complain.

I could have spammed OP with CAPS LOCK and profanities but I knew that would yield nothing so I skipped all that.

First of all I suggest not to rage (I know thats very hard for you) if you loose some matches with a high score difference, just if it gets ridiculuos then you are allowed to quit, not ragequit but just quit, the game and listen to some relaxing music and/or play a more evolved game.
Good thing to remember, should do this more often... this would work better if there wasn't whole "one full server + rest empty servers" issue.

Furthermore I suggest, in order to improve the game, not to grief around (like other "stupid" people suggested) but to put some effort into your own gameplay. If you have no offense (mostly the case), just go to their base, hide a few seconds and lama/rj your way out. Simple, easy and very successful method.
Unless your team lacks Offense AND cappers, or if your team lacks Defense AND chasers, it's kinda iffy to fill two positions all by yourself.

There are other changes that can be done to improve Pub-gameplay f.ex. Remove point-system to prevent score-whoring/ Well thought-out balancing system and other minor tweaks. But these changes don't lie in the gamers hands.
*looks at RiP's scores and smiles* :rolleyes:

Incidentally I feel sorry for you you damn tech support guy. (sorry force of habit, some of them are very nice, others treat me like *chocolate cookies*)
No offense taken, I've ran into same situation myself. It only takes one jerk (be it customer or tech support guy) to make it awkward customer service situation.

Meh don't complain you have low ping... what else do you want?
People to play with? Duh, it's Online game :p

@ others:
Thanks for your understanding and sympathy, it's just that I don't want to be such a dweeb whiner who complains if map has bad color palette or if some first timer doesn't grab flag at 200+. It's just tiresome having to deal with all those issues, especially since these have been around since forever and there hasn't been any long-term solutions to these problems.