Mortar, Grenade, Blaster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethal

thank you for who ever moved my post to here. some more practise with the bolt I'm finding it really hard to use, mainly skill. but it generally does seem weird velocity I'm sure about it. the damage pirk in distance too is confusing. please could someone explain it's velocity and damages so I don't think I'm mad thinking it on my own. I'm so sure it's speeding up making a general learning of the weapon hard and it does much more damage the futher away. I did a 200+ ma that hit 40% I think.

the BR stills seems like an odd-ball, I still don't see why anyone would choose it over the rockit launcher.

I'm probebly the first to try this but I used the bolt and the plasma as boosts in capping instead of rockit jumping. the bolt was abit weird cos the aoe wasn't nice but helped non the less. the plasma on the other hand, on a straight made on a few maps I could increase my speed alot more than a rockit jump I felt. much more skill to time it but more choose of how fast and how much health I wanted to lose for the speed I wanted. deffently a pirk to the weapon and even making me choose the plasma and rl for capping.

I still hate the mortar *rage face to IA*

-adding on just tested abit with the plasma boost-
I got from 0 to 90 with half health on a flat ground. quite a short gap. quicker and more efficant than a trail with both the boost nade combo and rockit boost
adding a short blip onto a a run I normally do with a rockit jump where I hit 190 on with half health. I hit 175 with 4/5th health which isn't bad for chooseiong how strong you do it.

skypredator

I learned how to use the Skybolt and BR last night in a long duel session between Killstar and me. Pretty neat weapon, actually. :)

Frosted

The mortar is not balanced on some map like zenith cauldron where one side has a nice spam spot and the other doesn't. I also don't like that it explode on contact, I tried to mortar jump but it just explode when I touch it.

I like that plasma it's really good to boost your self the boost it gives is almost OP.

The BR is kind of like the plasma from tribes 2 and while being a good weapon it's not really effective in the current state of the game because it seems to mostly be a indoors weapon and there is not much indoors right now.

I haven't tested the Bolt very much it seems an like a hard to use weapon but I'm sure if you can get consistent MA it can be devastating.

Gravis

Yeah, if you try to shoot it straight down it will blow up in your face. Gotta time it so that it blows up right behind you. At least that's how I've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.