Mortar, Grenade, Blaster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abandoned

Did the spawn updates get tossed in the bin? Or is it getting worked on?

I agree with Phanakapan; mortar, skybolt and handgrenades are ready to be pushed to live.
When are the weapon shapes/models coming for mortar and skybolt?

MJ1284

On another note, the bolt is fun, but If you're fighting a player like Hannibal, MJ, or Envy, and they're using the Bolt, it's almost a 100% chance of victory on their side.
I don't like Bolt, hench I don't use it. I find RL + LR combos more satisfying, especially since it works 1 out of 20 attempts :rolleyes:

RiPTaCk

Can anybody tell me who uses GL? Because besides spamming it around, I don't see it of any real use anymore. Its bouncyness makes it usesless on close/mid combat.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Can anybody tell me who uses GL? [...]
I do. They still explode on direct impact (MAs and other direct hits), the bounce can be used to your advantage in many situations, the arming time (after which the grenade does explode on impact) is short enough so that you can use it against opponents that you've got a height advantage on, and last but not least: Very large explosion radius and damage. Not only useful for chasing, but in a plethora of situations. A great weapon that I don't want to miss in my loadouts. Versatile and with its own niche, not just a slightly different RL.

HellzHere

i use it, too but fail most of the time :D the new bounce is bad imo
Can anybody tell me who uses GL? Because besides spamming it around, I don't see it of any real use anymore. Its bouncyness makes it usesless on close/mid combat.

Use the cluster version of the raider, its grenade without actully using it as a cluster is the same grenade before the update with the same bounce and stuff...I remember deadguy saying that once

GrimReefer

lol.. I kept getting pissed when I tried to enter the server with the most people and it would have a password. Now I get it. I'll be replying back with my opinion.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
lol.. I kept getting pissed when I tried to enter the server with the most people and it would have a password. Now I get it. [...]
As you've obviously didn't read the official blog for at least some days (and I don't mean to offend you at all), do you think it could be made any more obvious? I mean, it's on the homepage, linked to in the launcher itself, has its own forum section at the top, etc. I can't think of any reasonable way to make it even more present.

Synista

As you've obviously didn't read the official blog for at least some days (and I don't mean to offend you at all), do you think it could be made any more obvious? I mean, it's on the homepage, linked to in the launcher itself, has its own forum section at the top, etc. I can't think of any reasonable way to make it even more present.
When it says password incorrect.. add "CHECK THE *dancing* BLOG!" then no one will miss it :) I'm pretty sure if I was a casual gamer for this game I wouldn't pay any notice to those links to the blogs on the launcher. To be honest... This is the only games blog I do read haha :D

MJ1284

Is this any better?

leejunzlauncher.jpg

GrimReefer

LOL. I know. On the launcher I just doubleclicked it, and went on to do something else until it's loaded.
And then, yesterday was actually the first day I went to the announcement/update forum.
So, you've made it obviously present, but I just missed it. lol.

skypredator

Ok. I was wrong about the Plasma gun. Sue me, kill me, behead my dead body, and sell my *parts* at the town market. I admit, I'm loving the Plasma in burst fire mode. It's better than the CG as far as damage, and there's no spin-up. A Plasma + CG combination on an OR would make for beastly stuff, but that's not gonna happen. The only problem I have is with the Blaster. Either increase the fire rate and decrease the damage, or decrease the fire rate and increase the damage, and in either case, increase the speed of the projectile. It's just not all that useful compared to the other weapons.

[Edit]: Thanks, Disaster. I owe you one. ;D

tyler137

I use it...I'm terrible at it when my ping is low but I use it

GLII needs a faster RoF after clusters...also it needs more damage against heavies (it does about the same as the rocket). the blaster truly has no purpose at all in the game...I know the whole point of the gun was to be used indoors but pretty much all of legions is outdoors. you guys gave the example of the fallout bunker but there really isn't a reason to go down there. I think you should make a map where you actually spawn in bases like the fallout bunker, and the flag is right in the middle of the entrance...it could make for some interesting caps. also in the bunkers you should have "healing stations". when you step in the station (it should heal you at a increased rate, say 30% faster). that way you can make a pitstop and get back in the fight. anyway the mortar is almost unfair (especially when people know how to MA with it, it should not have the power behind it for chasing (it gets annoying). also when you get hit by a mortar in light armor it's a instant kill...you should at least be left with 10% so you can take a little more fire from chain guns and possibly have a chance to get away. k think a feature should be added to a plasma 2...you should be able to get behind your teammate with the flag and hit him with it and he take now damage and get a boost from each bullet he's hit with. that is all :)

Abandoned

Apparently if you point down and boost combo with RL, most of your health is gone, but if you do the same with GL, you only take the full damage if a boost grenade (I think). Although you (roughly) get the same amount of speed from it while standing still.

bethal

ok I did one before but I didn't really get time to really try them out fully. but now I feel I have, so ganna have some rage moaning and omg you did well there :D

bolt - I kinda like it, needs alot of skill to use to it's potentiol, but people still prefore the CG/plasma for there in air combat weapon because either following the target or not you can get a fair amount of damage (not as much as bolt potential). the bolts more of a medium/long range chaser I find as you can 2 shoot most cappers after there OD/rockit jump. nothing wrong with it tbh, just seems underloved and hard to use though with the velocity :/ I'm not sure if I'm right saying this but i think the bullets go faster the futher they go, I would rather have 1 speed for you to use and learn. but thats just preference for some upgrade to the weapon.

plasma - so it's like the CG with shorter distance and moves the target. now i also found another use amazingly. like the RL use it for speeding up, can get very fast quickly on straights useing it. so skill there but I've not exactly used it amazingly as of it. it's very different in a duel situation, you kinda don't want to shoot the target upwards so they can get some shots on you when you reach ground. I like it tbh. no issues really

BR - I still don't like it or get it. needs some change maybe an aoe damage patch on the ground like I said for some tachtical chasing/defending or even attacking points where people always stand. to me it just seems like a crummier faster version of the RL that doesn't seem as usefull over all. but it does need some boost to let it content with the other weapons better.

mortar - you guessed it! I'm a raging!!! it's over powerd to say the least. now people have really got the hang of useing it and timeing the blasts capping is much much harder. I did say on the old forums a 1shot weapon will be over powerd no matter what! so gratz you made one :D and it's aoe to make everyone love it. playing outrider to fatty now is such a hard fight, you could chain all you want and get it really low, but that bad boy needs one semi lucky shot to get you down. it's greatly unfair. personnally I'm ganna compare the weapon to the LR if you guys want it the way it is. and take it's name litteraly, mortar. so when you use it, it should take away your power like the LR does. sorted, good if your daring for that 1 shot. but if you fail, your ganna be abit buggerd. the weapon/fatty just can't stand the way it is as now. random games just as fatty frency with the roles being done by all of them. either nurf the weapon, or nurf the OD boost is my thought.

GL - why is it so bouncy!!!

cluster - why is no one useing it it!!! just turn it into a mine weapon please and let people change weapon while there singular mine is down. sorted. the mortar has taken the cluster roll all together really :/

frags/boost - no issue, but kinda wish the boost worked as strong as the old boost but ofc not as strong damageing :/

capping/outrider - I dunno, with all the weapon buffs giving no help to the capper I kinda feel they need some love too :( making it harder for them. but I might be alone with that.

well I hope I didn't miss something out. and I hope maybe people agree or at least share there oppinoin on the weapons. but don't just go "no", it's a forum not a play ground -.-

skypredator

I dunno, it seems to me that the tail of the bolt kind curves up and to the right a bit. That gets annoying when I'm trying to chase with it (Not to mention it makes it look like it's angled upwards but moving forward), and it gives me a false idea of timing/where the bolt is. Maybe if I could make the trail shorter and have it taper, instead of widen, near the end of it. Then maybe I'd use it for chasing more. I'll see what I can do if I fiddle around with it on GIMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.