Mortar, Grenade, Blaster Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanent

I like how the combo boost is good for knocking out cappers without doing OP damage. I use it to get those camper noobs hiding around corners with 8)
Personally I feel that the hand nades should be pushed to live

qqchurch

I like how the combo boost is good for knocking out cappers without doing OP damage. I use it to get those camper noobs hiding around corners with 8)
Personally I feel that the hand nades should be pushed to live
...but I love OHKO-ing cappers with my GL-Handnade combo, why remove it. :(

/:>

TheWimp

i think everything is great, the hand grenades, the new grenade launchers, the blaster and mortar. only thing that needs work is plasma since its still weaker than anything else so push the rest out to big map servers.

MJ, I'm sorry, but I disagree with you as far as keeping the Gatling gun Senti only. Senti's get everything the Raider and OR's don't get. It's not fair for us non-Senti users. Come on, as if iOD, the Mortar, and insane armor isn't enough for one class. The Gatling gun should be on the Raider and OR, not the Senti.

Sorry for the late reply but,

You can forget how easily the Sents can be MA'd because of their slow movements. Before you say iOD counters this, I meant it mostly towards the dueling areas, because iOD can really just screw you over and contribute to your death.

Although in the capping area and (somewhat) chasing area, I can see your reasoning.
Note: The main reason chasing is only somewhat good is because the mortars have such a long range, but for capping, iOD is terrific for changing directions, yet countered by the fact that the chasers also have the ability to OD along with boost frags.

Also, Mediums and Lights have their own exclusive weapons; The Cluster(M) and the laser rifle(L):
Clusters have now made it somewhat easier for defending(Because of the Cluster "Mines") and considerably less hard when chasing(unless you miss alot.... which sucks for you ;) )
Laser rifles are terrific D weapons and now as of the public test server, it is a terrific chaser weapon(Which can be demonstrated by a few players that have destroyed me over and over again)
Note: I put quotation marks around "Mine" because they are not detonated as you pass over it.

The only thing I can see you REALLY hating the Sent for is flag play. Other than that, all the other details are more minimal in terms of annoyance.

EDIT: I forgot in my post to answer to Gatlink being senti only;
Imagine a Light being able to get into your face(which they already do) and gatlink-gun you until death, barely ever missing because of such high manuverability.

Of course, you could say Sents counter this with iOD, but there is a delay between each iOD, along with the fact that it will take an immense amount of health to stay in one's face.

EDIT 2: Made some corrections/took out a few sentences here and there, not sure I got everything though.

Gravis

My 3 cents are this: Bolts should be removed. I don't care if they have weaker damage; the higher rate of fire (DPS) and the ease of MA's pretty much makes it a noob rocket that is ridiculous. I know that this update has nothing to do with them, but I had to mention this.

On the weapons at hand the mortar rulez, except I think the graphics of it should be wider in size and the explosion more epic. Not the actual projectile, of couse.

The plasma is an interesting gun. Kind of like a poor man's rocket, except I think it's weaker than the bolt. I'd increase damage just a tad because I'd rather just use a rocket for up-close fights than the plasma atm.

The Blaster is kind of a cool weapon, which is nice for up close fighting. Chasing an be done if you catch up fast enough. Overall, I like it, except for the quick overheating. Knock that down a tad and I'd use it more.

phanakapan

Private Tester
i think the overheat should be less severe or gone all together. i still think it just cant compete with chain.

Abandoned

Yes, either alter the cooldown or take it out of Sentinel loadout (Overlord). Having a CG that overheats quickly with a sentinel is annoying enough, but a gun that shoots weaker (though faster) projectiles with a faster overheat just makes this gun useless.

tyler137

I think we should switch the range of the grenade launcher and the mortar. Atleast make the mortar less powerful if you're not gonna do that...

Tribby

Lately i see more and more people going back to using 'old' weapons instead of the new ones.
Except for the mortar, that seems to be really populair and for good reason because it's awesome :D

I've been wondering about the rocket launcher though. It somehow feels differnt than before...
I asked around on the server and i wasnt the only one noticing a differnence.
According to some the radius of the rocket itself got reduced but i can't verify this anywhere.

Have there been any changes to the rocket launcher? if so whats changed and why?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Lately i see more and more people going back to using 'old' weapons instead of the new ones.
Except for the mortar, that seems to be really populair and for good reason because it's awesome :D

I've been wondering about the rocket launcher though. It somehow feels differnt than before...
I asked around on the server and i wasnt the only one noticing a differnence.
According to some the radius of the rocket itself got reduced but i can't verify this anywhere.

Have there been any changes to the rocket launcher? if so whats changed and why?

AFAIK it was only a cosmetic change for the rocket launcher, I'll see if I can dig up something official from DeadGuy (I believe he was asked this question before re: the rocket launcher properties).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Just a quick change to the graphic that it used. Lots more 'flater' now. I agree with you on your point of everyone going back to the old weapons. Blaster and plasma as they are serve no purpose in the game.

skypredator

The Bolt/Plasma were made to do a job that the CG can already do. What's more is that the CG can do this job more efficiently. The BR is slow, and with quick moving targets like outriders and Raiders (and some heavies we all know and love <3), the BR is useless. It feels like I'm playing a 3D Mario shooter game when I use it. Yuck. On another note, the bolt is fun, but If you're fighting a player like Hannibal, MJ, or Envy, and they're using the Bolt, it's almost a 100% chance of victory on their side. However, many players just can't constantly MA (Let alone MA at all), so it's sort of a "Pro" weapon that only "Pros" can use well, and when they use the Bolt well it's deadly. Just my thoughts on this.

phanakapan

Private Tester
bolt is an awesome niche weapon and depending on your style of play you can basically juggle people while dueling and get really high percentage finishing shots while chasing. good times.

i agree blaster and plasma just cant keep up with the pace of the game at the moment. if plasma didnt have a heatup spread mechanism like the cg, it might be worth using, but right now it sucks.

Gravis

When are these test going to take into effect? It should have been enough time to determine everything, so I'm curious as to why some of these things are being implemented in regular servers already.

phanakapan

Private Tester
i definitely think the mortar and bolt should be made live. I also think the boost and frag nades are ready for live. the plasma and blaster though...need work still. I think the reason nothing has been pushed to live is because of the work being done for custom loadouts though.

skypredator

Yeah, but the CG can be used in close quarters as well, besides the fact that the CG's rounds aren't so obnoxiously huge that they completely block your field of view. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.