Mortar, Grenade, Blaster Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements & Updates' started by GReaper, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GReaper

GReaper Grumpy

2. fuzzykittenhead

fuzzykittenhead New Member

Excellent! Thank you devs. Can't wait to see the carnage. :D

Immanent likes this.
  3. poiuyt580

poiuyt580 Member

Interesting.

Merc = OP in my opinion.

tyler137 likes this.
  4. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

Great update!

5. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Mortar should't explode when you shoot it straight down. Still wouldn't mind seeing it get more distance.

6. Lin

Lin Member

should be interesting seeing the new rof on the gl. I have a feeling itll make up for a bit of the bounce

7. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

Might actually try the blaster now, still seems like the one out of tribes and it should possibly eat up energy instead of ammo to perhaps add variety to the game.

8. Vox

Vox Member

what does rof mean?

9. Gheist

Gheist King of all Goblins

10. Neuchy

Neuchy New Member

rof=Rate of Fire

Ok I tried the new weapons and it feels MUCH better.
    The GLII feels great maybe the cluster is too powerful I don't know?
    The mortar is pretty cool and I like the BR as well. Did you make the fireballs go faster? It feels like it.
    The Bolt seems OP when your opponent can MA the *chocolate cookies* out of you but whatever.
    As for the plasma, I'm still not sure how we could incorporate that weapon in our games.

Thank you for the GLII change!!! <3

11. Vox

Vox Member

Neuchy likes this.
  12. Aki

Aki Member

Very happy with Blaster, now. It's great indoors. As OR, I won a most of my duels in the Elegiac basements against Raiders using RLs. The splash and RoF make it much more effective than RL when in close like that.

Plasma was also much nicer to use: I could see while I fired, the added range made it more useful, and I like the damage it does.

I am now officially afraid of mortars.

Good job, guys! Will come back with more comments as I have them.

Edit: Yay for SB MA counter!

13. Synista

Synista Member

GL looks *danced* in 1st person because of the RoF and GL reload animation. That is all :)

14. mausgang

mausgang Puzzlemaster

Mortar shouldn't have more range. Contingency was hanging out on nivo mortar spamming the base from one of the sniper towers and wreaking havoc. I don't think range is an issue. All I have to say is that the Wasp loadout has made my dreams come true. However, more people are playing Sent now, and I'm danced if I go up against one of them alone.

15. Lin

Lin Member

The mortar shouldnt be able to ma at such close range. Going in as an OR, all I'm thinking as i go in for a cap is that some damn hof with godly ping is gonna just blast me to pieces the moment I come in.

16. Ucantry2run

Ucantry2run Private Tester

See the A and D keys? Use them.

St3lth likes this.
  17. DeadGuy

DeadGuy Legions Developer

Woops, the Plasma got an update too.
    Edited blog.

18. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

I still don't really get the Plasma. I've never found a situation where I'd prefer it over the blaster, RL or CG. It's basically the CG's retarded cousin. A gun like that would seem more fitting in Quake(it's actually a lot like the plasma gun from QL), where a large majority of battles are indoors and close together as opposed to Legions' large outdoor fights.

[​IMG]

19. Royalty

Royalty The Aussie

Cluster is too OP on raiders. Was ok with reduced damage, but not now. :(

blu likes this.
  20. Lin

Lin Member

The point isn't that I get shot up alot. It's that close ranged mortars are making hofs feel a little op atm. I'm willing to give it a week and see how it goes, but heaven forbid I'm not acquainted with getting one-shotted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.