Modloader TDS

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
May have to require mods to be packaged within a live folder, so I can easily unzip to the Launcher.exe folder without having to identify all of the members within the zip.

Therefore a zip structure would look like:
Colony.zip/live/*allmoddata w/ paths*
Colony.zip/live/legions
Colony.zip/live/data

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Ok, this is now on my radar again. There were (and still are) things I need to learn and get my head around to complete this project, so I will actually start working on this again. Sorry about posting this and not really getting enough done but hey, college took over.
Soon™.

Defender

Could you update the map support mod, its basicly working but the map preview Gui needs tweaking and
the function mapStuff(%type), witch auto adds maps to the server config may need changes.

This game also seems to have a max limit of maps that can be added to the current map system, when reached the game starts failing to change maps..
I hit the limit in the 70s number, I think..

Modloader sounds cool, but a Maploader is what we need much more..
Right now I bet most newbes can't even edit the server config, to try new maps..

http://tribalcombat.com/misc/MapSupport_v.1.2.zip

Defender

If you code it with map previews the way it should be in moderm games that would be great..
After that lets try and get the devs to add your code in to the game.;)
Also if you could code a loading message for mappers like tribes2 has, that would be a big help for mappers, and allow active web links in that same message so players can just click on it, same as tribes2 players can, to get to a download page..

Royalty

The Aussie
No 1 Fan.
Just a question, does this mean that if you own a server you can set a mod to auto-download upon connecting?

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
No 1 Fan.
Just a question, does this mean that if you own a server you can set a mod to auto-download upon connecting?
No, this is just a client side tool for installing maps/mods in a few clicks. Maybe in the future I can add a way of adding a auto click mod installation via LS. Which is highly feasible.

The way this would work with maps is the server can cross-reference it with the FTP database and see if you can download it via my tool. With other mods I could ask the server hosts to stick a special anchor in the server name to signify a specific mod is required to play, and giving the link to auto-install it.

Last edited: