Midair Fully Launches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yami, May 4, 2018.

1. yami

yami Private Tester

Patrons of this forum will remember Project Z from years ago. Today the game that spawned out of this community finally launched. Our own boys did it. Go play their fu ck ing game.

2. k e v i n

k e v i n Private Tester

So today is my second day of playing midair. I'm very mixed. The shooting and MA'ing people is sort of tough (which I can get used to). But I've got a problem with the skiing and dueling (TDM). While skiing in the air, I can't seem to turn directions if I press A or D, or even if i look in a different direction with my mouse, I just keep going straight'ish. Also, while playing around in a TDM server, while jumping in the air, I can't dodge left and right (A & D). I guess i'm just way to use to legions movement (especially the movement when dueling in the air). But to me, it seems like legions had way more "freedom of movement".

I also hate that I have to look for health pads or suicide myself to get back my full health.

I played *Tribes: Ass-End* a while back for about two or three weeks or so (my first time playing any tribes games). Because of the movement (similar to what I mentioned above with midair) I ended up quitting it. This game makes me feel like i'm playing tribes ascend all over again. I'll give midair a few more games, but I really don't see myself playing this for more than a couple of weeks. Where as I could still see myself playing legions for a long time to come.

3. Ucantry2run

Ucantry2run Private Tester

I talked *chocolate cookies* about it for a while without fully playing it but its not bad. Its definitely more technical and most importantly not forgiving at all. Its nothing like legions. Its probably twice that amount of grind legions was because there's more stuff to learn. But its not bad. If you were looking for high action, high impact games that feel really rewarding, you kinda feel underwhelmed at first. Once you grind out the tech and get good it gets better though.

I would say Legions is more rewarding for the effort you put in and more attention-captivating and midair is more technical and methodical. The shooting is different, skiing is different, passing is different, and the overall metagame around the positions is nothing like Legions. I like it, I'll play it for a while, and its a good game, but it doesn't give you that magic feeling like when you play Legions. The nostalgia playing with old legions people is fire though.

4. Ucantry2run

Ucantry2run Private Tester

Also when you're skiing, don't press W. Ever. And there's a maximum falling speed. Its weird to get used to. But only tap W to reposition, you shouldn't be actively holding forward while you're skiing (you'll lose height and upwards momentum).

5. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

This
    I've been playing tribes games for 20 years now and i've always held W, it's more than a habit now it's instinct. Movement feels so terribly slow and overall janky.

It's a "New" IP that brings nothing new, it can't even do things better than the game/games it's trying to be. I hate to say that because we all know the developers and the passion they have for our genre, they made it possible for us to play legions after IA *chocolate cookies* the bed. They have heart but they lack innovation.
    They introduced the skill tree and a paid way around it, thats such a bad idea for a F2P game. You have an influx of brand new people joining games with people that have everything unlocked and the new people get slaughtered. Thats such a good way to drive people away.
    The game is at best a tribes clone in a f2p model with p2w features, the worst possible situation it could find itself in.

6. yami

yami Private Tester

The unlocks are fairly quick. In about 5 hours I've been able to go through almost a full branch that I wanted. It's easier because I know exactly what I want and a new player wouldn't. Unfortunately I think it has to be f2p to be accessible, I wouldn't expect many people to buy it to try it out.

7. k e v i n

k e v i n Private Tester

It should definitely have a F2P route. It's hard to say this, but i'm glad I didn't pay for this game as i'm probably going to stop playing it now.

I tried looking up some youtube videos on how to ski (skate) I tried playing some more games but I just can't with the movement.

I'm pretty much the same way. I'm either trying to press W to go forward or A/D to move to the side while in the air to land properly on a slope (which seems like it should be easier to do)

All in all, the game seems fun, and I would've stuck with it for a bit longer. But it's literally the movement that's making me quit the game.

Armageddon likes this.
  8. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot