Map support...

Defender

I know this is early, I want to know if there are any plans to make maps work in the game, just by dropping them in the game mission folder with out the need to edit the config.cs or gameMenu.cs?

aus.hsp

Private Tester
I know this is early, I want to know if there are any plans to make maps work in the game, just by dropping them in the game mission folder with out the need to edit the config.cs or gameMenu.cs?

The maps work perfectly when you drop it in the missions folder - You simply have to select it via Game Panel in game... Editing config.cs and gameMenu.cs is only used to put the maps in map rotation and to select from 'Create a Server'.

I wouldn't consider the idea you are putting forward as one of the devs top priorities.

Royalty

The Aussie
Due to the security of the game, auto downloading is highly unlikely to happen.

However I'm sure some improvements on adding maps for users is probably something to be done in the future.
Can we make it that all custom maps are added by default to the game? The game can be patched each week. Just don't add the custom maps to the rotation.

Haven't played Legions in for a while, since hosting never worked after the big patch. Something big is happening to this game though, and I can sense an Aussie ded creeping around...

57thEnryu

Can we make it that all custom maps are added by default to the game? The game can be patched each week. Just don't add the custom maps to the rotation.

Haven't played Legions in for a while, since hosting never worked after the big patch. Something big is happening to this game though, and I can sense an Aussie ded creeping around...
not a good idea there, I mean its essentially the same as auto-adding, and aside from that if your not gona play the map its just gona be clutter

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
That said, there's probably a script someone could make that would allow autodownloading provided that the server had the linked version of it. This is unlikely however.

It can be done with a little help from the map maker to make a tiny script to add the map to the game menu and the other needed stuff too + an already installed script

57thEnryu

Id be willing, would make it a lot easier (like CSS had the download content)

with that said it would have to be an add on mod since the devs dont like the idea due to security

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
well, basically what it would have to do would be intercept the disconnect signal and send it a download command instead. This would imply that the connection would have to stay open which might cause issues. I'm sure it can be done, I'm just saying. If nothing else, it could easily print out to the URL's of the files needed for the user and where they need to go. This is probably the first step. After that works, make it so it functions as a download. For security reasons, you should really ask if the user really wants to download file x and the creators of the mod are not liable for any damages that may result from downloading malicious files.

EDIT: this also means that all map packs capable of being autodownloaded must have the same folder structure when downloaded. It's can't vary from person to person and no .txt files included with the maps. It would cause excess clutter for the player.