Map Editor, project distance setting not working?

Defender

Adjusting the $pref::WorldEditor::projectDistance = "2000";
Seems to make no difference in the new editor.
In the old editor I would set it to 5000 or even 8000, witch allows me to see much further and is necessary when editing large terrains or maps. :confused:

stefygraff

Private Tester
You can do that from the editor, Its in World options i think(not sure what the path is), and it works fine for me

Fixious

Test Lead
Just go to Edit >>> World Editor Setting, and set Visible Distance to whatever you want. I might make a video on how to use the editor.

Defender

Thanks guys, that worked..
Now if only there was a way to close the editor by hitting F11, like in tribes2.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Use jet down, if you dont have it set on shift... Also remember to respawn before you open the editor and always load a map on your server... Official servers will never work

Defender

I know you must host to use the editor or make maps.
Just wonding, I have some costom made .dif for interiors, that are made for tribes2, how come none of them will loaded in legions without crashing the editor? I've also been wonding if the older ones for sale at GarageGames.com, could work in Legions.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Not any .Dif works...
Dont buy stuff, create! just like pop dose with Maya, or like poop-stefy dose with Constructor(eg Colony CnC)

Defender

Some of the interiors for sale at GarageGames.com, are compatible with TGEA, same engine this game runs on I've been told.
You can't just create that kind of professional looking stuff without years of schooling or practice, am I wrong?.
I'm just wonding whats realy compatible with this games engine, because the trees in the temperate environment pack I purchased that is suppose to be compatible with TGEA, did not work, or maybe I did not add them correctly. :confused:
http://www.garagegames.com/products/temperateenvpack