Map Editor Keeps Crashing

Fixious

Test Lead
What are you doing before it crashes? If you're dealing with anything related to lighting, that could be why. It really doesn't like you messing with the light editor.

Doomsify

Oh okay. That might be the problem cause I do use the Full Relight (or something called that) after I add something to see what it looks like.

Fixious

Test Lead
Full Relight shouldn't cause a crash. But if you just want to relight an object after adding it, use the Relight Selection option. Much quicker.

Jello

Contributor
If you want to see what the shadows look like, using Filtered Relight works better, you shouldn't have to use the Full Relight until you're done with your map....

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Idk. Im just using my girlfriends laptop until I get my new gaming set up.

Well relighting uses your gfx card a lot, it could be integrated video and not able to handle it.. there are actually some variables to lower the fidelity of the relight that might let you finish. For the life of me I can not find it right now though. It's not part of our current prefs.

Last edited:

Doomsify

When I'm actually done building the whole map, I will use the Full Relight and see if it still crashes. I'll let you know if the problem still occurs.