Long Term Stats [Mod Development Journal]

havocblitz

First of all, the GUI has recently been changed, your achievements will be formatted to look like the list of servers... if that is what you mean by "word style".
Like my sig over here:
sigyq.png

it haz good looks.

3lionz

Legions Developer
we need more leaks, maybe a nice trial version for the mod before the realease, dont be bad with us... :cool::rolleyes:
Hmmmm. Well I think we are going to have a closed beta (The winner of the artist comp will be one of them), and we have not thought about who else to include yet :p

But, when we release it will probably be in "open beta" stage anyway :)

No more leaks at the mo... but we may give a sneak peak of the GUI at some point ;)

P.s. Muhahahahaha.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Hmmmm. Well I think we are going to have a closed beta (The winner of the artist comp will be one of them), and we have not thought about who else to include yet :p

But, when we release it will probably be in "open beta" stage anyway :)

No more leaks at the mo... but we may give a sneak peak of the GUI at some point ;)

P.s. Muhahahahaha.

you are so evil, dont join the server when im playing next time! :mad: you might get a love rage :)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
lol, when we test this for real, we'll probably include people from the following groups:

• 1k points club
  • Devs
  • PTs
  • Scripters
The above are not in any particular order. But honestly, the reason for that is simple: we want people to test the full range of things. None of us (to my knowledge anyways) absolutely pwn at legions. That would be why the 1kpc guys are included. The rest are already either used to testing game features or code itself, meaning that we could actually release the source code to them and have them debug it as they go.

If you aren't in any of the above groups, it is possible, but rather unlikely. There will be somewhat of a review process for any beta testers for it. So, you could make it through if you aren't in the above, but it's just not likely.

Royalty

The Aussie
lol, when we test this for real, we'll probably include people from the following groups:

• 1k points club
  • Devs
  • PTs
  • Scripters
The above are not in any particular order. But honestly, the reason for that is simple: we want people to test the full range of things. None of us (to my knowledge anyways) absolutely pwn at legions. That would be why the 1kpc guys are included. The rest are already either used to testing game features or code itself, meaning that we could actually release the source code to them and have them debug it as they go.

If you aren't in any of the above groups, it is possible, but rather unlikely. There will be somewhat of a review process for any beta testers for it. So, you could make it through if you aren't in the above, but it's just not likely.
Correction:

• 1k points club
  • Devs
  • PTs
  • Scripters
  • Royalty, the extremely good-looking Aussie

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, idk if I've mentioned this yet, but the current iteration of the mod causes some lag when one leaves the menu page we created. This should be fixed by a recent update by Disaster.

I also managed to find a bug that has persisted through the encryption software that would artificially inflate scores... By, say... 10 times :p It'd only happen on very specific circumstances, so I thought it was caused by other things, but I finally found it :D It now encrypts the data as intended.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Oh, and I was discussing the encryption system I developed with my computer science TA and he couldn't believe I wasn't interested in specializing in security because of how advanced the mechanism is and how resistant to attacks it would be. He kept saying that he had a list of professors I needed to talk to about it because of that lol. That made me quite happy lol :)

Lol, I know Pure. I don't know how many lives it takes me to kill you once :p

Oh, and 3z's working on an integration for his multikill mod, so there will be achievements based upon that as well.

When we are ready for closed beta, a thread will be posted for that. It'll be a different mechanism than the artist auditions because we'll practically be asking for resumes rather than just submissions.

EDIT: Oh, and of those who do get in, it is doubtful that they'll get the luxury of the .cs files. They'd almost assuredly get .dso's, just like the rest of the community will when we go public. Devs and PT's who also script are likely to be exceptions here.

Libra

Volts you and the team that's working on this mod are the best thanks for all your hard work and the time you guys invested into this mod keep up the good work can't wait to check my stats

Correction:

• 1k points club
  • Devs
  • PTs
  • Scripters
  • Royalty, the extremely good-looking Aussie
*facepalms*
Once again, just placing a disclaimer, not all Australians are like Royalty, and the views of said player do not necessarily equal the views of Australians in general. :/

On another note, yay I'm a scripter. :p