Long Term Stats [Mod Development Journal]

Gheist

King of all Goblins
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

April 1st is usually in April.
December 21st usually in December.
As shown above, December is about 8 months after April.

Pure

no this year..forget it you peoplehave NO imagination... i dream a lot of scary *chocolate cookies* you know. :(

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
just a little update... We've got it stabilized, streamlined, and now working with a few achievements. It still doesn't track cap speed, so I think I'll look into the feasibility of that tonight/tomorrow, but after that, we'll (I'll) just add some more achievements while we (3lionz) add an encryption to the data. To my knowledge, it should then be ready to publish.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
just a little update... We've got it stabilized, streamlined, and now working with a few achievements. It still doesn't track cap speed, so I think I'll look into the feasibility of that tonight/tomorrow, but after that, we'll (I'll) just add some more achievements while we (3lionz) add an encryption to the data. To my knowledge, it should then be ready to publish.
I'm so damn excited for this :D Are you going to do something similar to the now defunct leejunz.com that compared everyone's stats? (Personally, I wouldn't, only because people will just stat *lady friend* like they did when that website was up). If you did, it would still be pretty cool to see.

Keep up the awesome work guys :D

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, just as another update, MA distance and cap speed both work now and are properly recorded.

The data arrangement we're using for the files is getting overhauled to work better with the encryption system. It will also mean faster save times.

And no, we aren't doing that. Instead what we're doing is making the stats file encrypted while the achievements file will not be. When you get an achievement, it will be auto-screenied (unless you disable this through a menu option). If people want bragging rights, they'll do so with the screenies, not the file.

EDIT: oh, btw, we broke 1000 lines of code.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Quick update from me... the code for the flagtimer is pretty much complete... encryption is shaping up... and the "total game time" is just going into testing.

Also, we are moving into graphical territory!
We need artist(s) for the achivements and rank images... while disaster pulls the GUI together.
Click here to find out about the competition.

We still have a lot of work to do, but we are making great progress! :D

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
And an update from me: the encryption/decryption works and there is a checksum involved to prevent idiots from modifying their stats.

EDIT: oh, and btw, I just modified it a little bit (that should make it significantly harder to get around).

no this year..forget it you peoplehave NO imagination... i dream a lot of scary *chocolate cookies* you know. :(
Just to clarify, you are aware that 2012 (i.e. the year the world is supposedly going to end) is Next year, as opposed to this year right?

oh and Volt, while I have exams at present, so waaaayy too busy, if you can afford to wait for about 3 weeks, I can write the weapon specific stuff. I already have similar code in my kill/ma pop-up script, so it wouldn't exactly be a lot of effort.

Edit: fail, just saw the resolved tag at top. But my offer to help on something still stands.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
lol so do I :p I have a calc one tomorrow and a CS one the day after. But given how long it will probably take to compile all the art, that may be okay.

EDIT: update... I now have the checksum working with it encrypted the way I want and just made a new file type :) I'm happy :D

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, it's been a while, so I figure I'll add a new picture. I'll be updating the OP soon.

For the record, the GUI we will ultimately release will be significantly different and will actually look nice. This should just give you an idea of all the things our mod keeps track of.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
update complete

By the way, a new GUI (which supports pictures and looks way better) was just ported from Disaster's version of the program to the most recent version. It's a bit sluggish at times, so I'm wondering how we can speed things up a bit, but so far, it's looking great :)

Oh, and if a mod sees this, can you change the thread title to "Long Term Stats [Mod Development Journal]" or something? That's basically what this thread has turned into :p

EDIT: Thanks Seymour ;)

3lionz

Legions Developer
Love this things but it would be more awesome if u changed the background and the words style.
First of all, the GUI has recently been changed, your achievements will be formatted to look like the list of servers... if that is what you mean by "word style".