Loadout Selection (UI)

Falcon

Private Tester
First, I must say, I am very impressed with how far the Devs have come in recreating Legions as many of us envisioned it. The dedication in this community is great. Due to my OS, and Graphics Card constraints, I only hop in to Legions to see the new maps, guns, etc, and I am very impressed.

However, with the addition of the Skybolt and two types of grenades the Loadout Selection bar has become cluttered and hard to follow. Not only is the box too small for the number of Loadouts available, but it is just not an intuitive selection system. I think it is time to develop a full featured Loadout selection. Now of course not all gameplay features are put in (cores, weps...), but a larger Loadout screen is now necessary. (Read: UI needs a change now, features will come in later)

Ideally, I would like to see a model viewer, with several buttons and an easily configurable character. Yet, simply adding a few more scroll bars (possibly one bar each for Weight, Guns, and Nades) would make the selection process a lot less clunkly. Basically, the tiny scroll bar we use right now does not fit our needs with the expanding amount of Loadouts.

I look forward to seeing how the full Loadout Selection and customization will unfold and I especially like Seymour's Core idea.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
During the first Legions Overlive, the attached picture was released. This UI is what you're getting at. Once OD cores arrive, I imagine this UI will appear at the same time.
Cores are definitely coming. So is Plasma Gun (hopefully).
Edit: Why can't I upload a png...

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, some good suggestions there, Mr. Falcon! A better, more customizable Loadout UI is definitely on the drawing board, and will likely become a necessity going forward.

Also, thanks for the kind words (and Seymour quite enjoyed reading your gameplay mechanic threads in the old, old, IA forums), we hope that in the future you'll have a computer that's more equipped to handle Legions (or we're able to put in more robust Mac support).

Falcon

Private Tester
@Seymour
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my past gameplay threads. I had been working on a complete redesign outline, but you ended up posting yours before mine and it essentially encompassed all of my ideas and more, so I stopped working it. As I said before, I loved your Core mechanic, possibly giving each Loadout its own unique feel. Hopefully I will have a newer computer on my way to College, one that can run Legions and I can again become active in the Legions community.

Royalty

The Aussie
So are we going to be able to view our character's skins, weapons, stats, helmets etc like in IA before it shut down?

So are we going to be able to view our character's skins, weapons, stats, helmets etc like in IA before it shut down?

/Sarcasm : No. We will eat turkey legs instead of having a UI selection.

/NoSarcasm: Of course! With custom cores coming out, we will HAVE to have it implemented

GReaper

Grumpy
The loadout screen is certainly on the todo list, those of you who saw Legions Overlive probably saw an early version of this. Sadly there are still bugs with the loadout system, which is why it hasn't been moved to public test servers. However we felt it was important to push some weapon updates to allow you to test upcoming weapon changes.

We know it's an issue, however you guys would've been waiting longer to see the updated weapons if we had to wait on the complete loadout system.

HellzHere

Who remembers the legions loadout UI, before IA shut down the games? Not ingame, but outside game, in the lobby. You would have the map at the top, and a bunch of classes scrollable sideways, with images of them. If an extra menu like profile is set up on the title screen, you could use the old one. I really liked that.