Levels & Badges

Yoda5891

I like stat tracking just so you can see that over time you've made a total of X MA's or X Flag Captures, but i wouldn't ever want to see any kind of ranking system based off any of these stats, unless they could be completely restricted to DM. As for the badges/levels, similar to the stat tracking, I'm all for it so long as it doesn't become a ranking system.

What I'd like is, since there's stat tracking, it looks at your kills on normal people, kills on flag carriers, flag captures and flag returns, and then gives you a title based on the ratios.
If you have massive numbers of caps compared to other things (not looking at 1 to 1 ratios obviously), then you get a "Capper" title. If you get sniper kills lots "sniper", lots of flag carrier kills and returns, maybe chaser or defender (defender probably better, as otherwise a hof would get called a chaser), etc.
If everything is high it could be some kind of "all rounder" title.
(also if there's large numbers of team-kills compared to everything else, it could be team-killer)

Now, it doesn't have to be text, could be little images, and a key somewhere on site.

Esuke-L

What I'd like is, since there's stat tracking, it looks at your kills on normal people, kills on flag carriers, flag captures and flag returns, and then gives you a title based on the ratios.
If you have massive numbers of caps compared to other things (not looking at 1 to 1 ratios obviously), then you get a "Capper" title. If you get sniper kills lots "sniper", lots of flag carrier kills and returns, maybe chaser or defender (defender probably better, as otherwise a hof would get called a chaser), etc.
If everything is high it could be some kind of "all rounder" title.
(also if there's large numbers of team-kills compared to everything else, it could be team-killer)

Now, it doesn't have to be text, could be little images, and a key somewhere on site.

Hmm actually like this idea..though it sounds like it'd be a bit of a pain setting up..wouldn't know for sure though, not a game dev or anything.

I like that it's not based around ranking, just a little further along the way of gettin down how you play, not just how you think you play.

eldermimmmi

I'm against any form of leveling or achievements/awards/badges etc. Just one sentence - It distracts us from the main objective.
Why not? I'd regard it as a way to show your skills and imo it doesnt distract you. I suggest to involve flagreturns, caps, highspeedgrabs(I mean flaggrabs with > 150 m/s), midairreturns, kills (cg/rocket/nade), high range mas,bodyblock-kills. If the player has achieved a certain ammount of (for example) nademidairs, he gets a different color for his nades, so everybody can see it.
I think this motivates the players to play the game like it should be played (in contrast to players who camp on a tower O-sniping -.-)

A2

You have a point but take this: there are some players who might have completed those tasks/achievements etc. And maybe they have like 20 kills left for leveling up (assuming). I'm sure at-least 50% of the players will be busy doing that if it were in a CTF match.
But if a leveling up/achievements system was implemented, it'll be okay if it was evenly distributed to all kinds of stuff in-game.

No, just no. We're gonna have the same problem that we had with the Stats tracking.
Apparently, some douches thought too highly of them selfs and then found them selfs #300

DKnight556

Maybe bring these into the deathmatch games whenever they come back but not in CTF. I could see badges for clans and in a 1v everyone else game