Legions Weekend - Trying to Attract Players from T:A

MJ1284

Welp, guess now would be great time to bring back MaPuBaRe & RiP to ruin it for everyone :p
I'll make it even better, I'll come back just so I can Sentinel insta-OD cap on Nivo & Moonshine 24/7 (don't tell me this horrendous mechanic & horrendous maps still exists in this game?)

On a more serious note, if you really want to appeal to hardcore Tribes fans (more specifically those who left T:A) you might wanna tone down the regen a little bit. Instead of full regen you should be able to regen roughly 75-80% of the damage you've taken since last regen (thus making it progressively less effective) + full heal upon visiting TEAM SPECIFIC Inventory stations. It's only a matter of time before some jerks starts abusing the regen system and rabbits in CTF (*cough* MaPuBaRe *cough*).

Full regen is one of the reasons why most people felt T:A was dumbed down (other being auto-fire weapons being too strong in duels a.k.a spinfusor MA's weren't rewarding enough), if you really want to appeal to them make few tweaks here and there.

Welp, guess now would be great time to bring back MaPuBaRe & RiP to ruin it for everyone :p
I'll make it even better, I'll come back just so I can Sentinel insta-OD cap on Nivo & Moonshine 24/7 (don't tell me this horrendous mechanic & horrendous maps still exists in this game?)

On a more serious note, if you really want to appeal to hardcore Tribes fans (more specifically those who left T:A) you might wanna tone down the regen a little bit. Instead of full regen you should be able to regen roughly 75-80% of the damage you've taken since last regen (thus making it progressively less effective) + full heal upon visiting TEAM SPECIFIC Inventory stations. It's only a matter of time before some jerks starts abusing the regen system and rabbits in CTF (*cough* MaPuBaRe *cough*).

Full regen is one of the reasons why most people felt T:A was dumbed down (other being auto-fire weapons being too strong in duels a.k.a spinfusor MA's weren't rewarding enough), if you really want to appeal to them make few tweaks here and there.

The problem with regen in Tribes was because you did it while moving/skiing. This let cappers get stupid speeds from djs but still hit the stand at 100% making chasing way too hard without stupid instant flag drop nades. I think LO and offense in general is hard enough in Legions (at least with the maps we play over and over), this would nerf it even further.

Rabbits are a bit of a problem in Legions unlike T:A though (one of the only plus sides to the instant flag drop nades). I wouldn't mind seeing a longer cooldown between when you throw the flag and when you start regenerating health.

Disci

Old man
Nice to hear about this. Will not start playing Legions again since I got more things to do which limits my time for gaming. For now I'll stick with Firefall comp as much as I can, but I wish you guys lots of GG's on Legions servers. :)

Royalty

The Aussie
Nice to hear about this. Will not start playing Legions again since I got more things to do which limits my time for gaming. For now I'll stick with Firefall comp as much as I can, but I wish you guys lots of GG's on Legions servers. :)
How is Firefall coming along? Out of beta yet?

TriggerFinger

I'm probably going to make another video and put it out 2 weeks after the last one (Aug 9th). I think having some sort of Legions content come up on the Tribes sub every 1-3 weeks would be great for growing the community. Too much more and I think they might get a little mad.

I was actually hoping for something like this - I've been messing around with skiing in Legions, and while I really find myself liking the freer/faster overall feel, it's definitely harder than T:A (closer to T2c though, which I like.) Still, a more in-depth tutorial on things like when/how much to downjet, where to boost for best effect, etc. would really be helpful.

-Midair flag-toss boost nade for more speed

Is this like punting, or is it something completely different?

Pure

It's like throwing the flag and you thrust(as pth ofc) in mid-air , but you use combo nades, on legions you can go from stand to stand with this.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] Is this like punting, or is it something completely different?
You throw the flag, then immediately throw a boost nade. Hit said boost nade with a rocket. The combined nade/rocket explosion, if done correctly, hits the flag mid air and propels it. So yeah, a way of punting.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Muscles cramping, tendons ripping, fingers breaking... Everything to please the almighty FALG!

I guess it's also a bit more satisfying to pull that off than to simply suicide in mid air. ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Sounds more difficult than punting. Not that I'm against this idea, of course.
Actually, after reading what Fire wrote for a second time, it could be that he actually meant something completely different. You can't use grenades while holding the flag. But you could throw the flag forwards while in mid air, turn around, then drop a nade, hit that, get boosted by the nade/rocket explosion, and end the maneuver by catching the flag again. Wouldn't be a punt then, but still awesome. ;)

Royalty

The Aussie
Actually, after reading what Fire wrote for a second time, it could be that he actually meant something completely different. You can't use grenades while holding the flag. But you could throw the flag forwards while in mid air, turn around, then drop a nade, hit that, get boosted by the nade/rocket explosion, and end the maneuver by catching the flag again. Wouldn't be a punt then, but still awesome. ;)
This is a frequent show-off manoeuvre. Not anything new here :p

SNAKEOPS

I think rabbit today is much quite easier to chase down the rabbiter. You get alot more health when you don't have flag so you can do more nade jumps, but you're down to standard health once you have the flag. And, I'm pretty sure you can't throw flag in rabbit mode, other than TR.

Yea, I was talking about that way. It's used more from what I've seen. I've thought about punting it like that before but I've never tried it or have seen it being done very effectively. The closest thing I've seen is using boost grenades to knock the flag around so people who are closer to it don't catch it, but sometimes it knocks it further away from you.

Someone should test this out and see how much more distance it can give it while going slow and fast.