Legions Weekend - Trying to Attract Players from T:A

k e v i n

Private Tester
there is two european servers with games running right now. :) very happy to see so many people playing across the pond.
and i'm sure it will only get better if the regular legions players keep helping the tribes players in game......then if they go back and play tribes, they might decide that they like legions better. or better yet, they spread the word and get more people to come and try legions :)

Royalty

The Aussie
I want to try and get back in contact with the Australian Tribes community (TribesANZ).

Considering there is a huge demand and increase in players in the US and EU for Legions, I want to see if I can get them to host an Australian server for Legions, to see if I can maximise on the playerbase...

Idk, most likely they won't come through. They are still being spoonfed by Hi Rez, probably wont leave Tribes.

--

Realistically, I'm not expecting any progress in Australian Legions until 'Z'. Regardless, I'm happy to sit tight and wait... ;)

I'm probably going to make another video and put it out 2 weeks after the last one (Aug 9th). I think having some sort of Legions content come up on the Tribes sub every 1-3 weeks would be great for growing the community. Too much more and I think they might get a little mad.

This one will touch upon some of the areas I missed or left out on purpose (contagious overdrive since I hardly ever see it used). It'll include more advanced tips and tricks and show off a lot of the nuances Legions has to offer, especially the ones that the Tribes community yearn for.

Some ideas of what would be in it:

-A short history of Legions from GarageGames to Instant Action to why it's completely free
-How to use the demo system, bookmarks, replaying, sharing demos (Poponfu please increase the auto-reconnect value to something like 10 seconds ty)
-Instant overdrive and HoFing (I think this is a great topic because a lot of T:A players like the position which i find boring in that game while it can be much more fun in this one)
-Some of the intricacies of skiing like when/when not to strafe and carving
-Contagious overdrive
-OD nuking (Imma bring this *chocolate cookies* back into style)
-Laser rifle, its mechanics, and how to dodge incoming fire (another great topic because snipers are pretty OP and not very well liked in T:A)
-Probably show off other weapons like the bolt, blaster, cluster grenade, mortar, EMP nades (btw I think we should rename the cluster grenades)
-Midair flag-toss boost nade for more speed
-Other game modes like team rabbit
-The map maker

Feel free to suggest things. I'd also like to see some route videos. Maybe put a video out in the weeks following starting off with one good route per side for every popular map.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I guess I didn't say "thanks" yet, so... Thanks for the effort, Fire! Although this event isn't what brought me back (that's pure coincidence), it's still awesome. ;) People are actually enjoying the game!

Damn nice video too! And yes, more on Overdrive would be nice. It's still one of the defining features of Leejunz. Contagious OD, OD nuking, clearing the stand with the "blastwave", stopping or at least slowing/diverting cappers with the "wake", OD slingshots, all that jazz.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Get someone with a voice. :p

Good *chocolate cookies* though! Looking forward to the others. Let me know if you need any help, especially w/the history one.

Dino

Heh thanks fire for all the work and time you put into making this happen ;). Also in your guide you might want to tell them about the different positions played, OD sweep, osniping and llamaing the flag :).

Pure

Heh thanks fire for all the work and time you put into making this happen ;). Also in your guide you might want to tell them about the different positions played, OD sweep, osniping and llamaing the flag :).
T:A players know the positions.....most of them even play comp and tourneys.