Legions Returns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I am so happy to see this news. Unfortunately, I have a mac, but I might be able to get windows 7 for cheap through legit channels from my college. My big question right now is does this forum profile count as a registration, or will there be a new system of registration put in place closer to when the game will become available? Also, though I understand that there is no ETA and because macs have the dual capabilities of running either Mac or Windows OS, you can probably expect me to start advocating cross-platform after the second release if it hasn't happened by then. I'm just trying to give you a heads up, it isn't because I'm trying to nag you to be noticed, I just want everybody to be able to play. You will find me patient, and I might not even remember, I'm not great about this stuff. However, I am incredibly happy to know that legions will be back!

BugsPray

Legions Developer
The registration system right now is separate but we are investigating ways to combine our site/game authentication system with the forums.

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to port to Mac. If you know someone who can do such a thing, please let us know.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
@Mausgang: I have a Mac too, but I'm probably going to fork up the 100 dollars for Windows 7. Keep in mind this community build is made by people who have jobs, families, and lives. Cross platform support would take some effort for these guys.

poiuyt580

@Mausgang: I have a Mac too, but I'm probably going to fork up the 100 dollars for Windows 7. Keep in mind this community build is made by people who have jobs, families, and lives. Cross platform support would take some effort for these guys.
Or you could just not play - no one would miss you...
Ha! Just kidding. But yes, since most people in the world use Windows, there might not be Mac Legion devs in a while...but good luck to those who use Macs.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Any chance of adding in customizable classes at some point?

P.S. Good luck, guys. I'm looking forward to playing Legions once again.

CreatorGX

Can't wait to see this up and running again, off-browser, no less. If you allow the mod community to contribute, you could get a very Unreal Tournament feel to the overall game, what with community map packs and whatnot.

Is there a beta-testing I could be a part of? Do you need free money? Some Dr. Pepper?

This is Great news.
Gamers around the world are rejoicing.

Out of curiosity, would some of the bonus content be along a similar line to what we saw in nanunanu?

57thEnryu

Can't wait to see this up and running again, off-browser, no less. If you allow the mod community to contribute, you could get a very Unreal Tournament feel to the overall game, what with community map packs and whatnot.

Is there a beta-testing I could be a part of? Do you need free money? Some Dr. Pepper?
copied from the FAQ page:
Will there be any beta testing?

Yes, there will be a new team selected for Private Testers, and they will be handpicked by the developers. The developers will be looking for members that are active within the community, able to properly articulate themselves, act with maturity, possess an understanding of game mechanics, and a fair amount of technical prowess.

We'll also be doing public testing, a feature where the game launcher will ask you if you want to participate in a public test event. These will be available for a limited time and are designed to further test out a new build and to receive general feedback from the entire community. We want this game to have as much community involvement as possible, and feel that this is the best method to allow everyone a chance to test an upcoming build while still maintaining a tight focus.

Fixious

Test Lead
Seeing as the guys working on the game don't have a company breathing down their necks or giving them due-dates, it's a bit easier to have faith in what they say. It sounds like it'll be a few more weeks till the game goes public(before Christmas).

57thRomance

No offence, but do you actually mean it this time?
And how long would it take?
Remember: This isn't IA anymore. These guys really mean it.
And that information probably won't be revealed right away. But we will get Legions back much sooner than IA promised, that's for sure.

Remember: This isn't IA anymore. These guys really mean it.
And that information probably won't be revealed right away. But we will get Legions back much sooner than IA promised, that's for sure.
Alright, I trust them with my full support. I think it would be great to have Legions at Christmas morning. That would be a truly amazing gift.

RedInk

I was waiting for someone to ask "do you mean it?" even though the front of the webpage says they 'really mean it'. \o/

I am very excited to see legions coming back!! It brang many great experiences with every server.
I even remember seymour saying he especially likes the covergirl ads on the arcades website.

froznMyth

As soon as I saw this, I jumped high with excitement! So much so that my poor chair broke from a mid air failure. Your death will be mourned properly, Honey Nut Chairio. Awesome news! Legions as a Christmas gift would be the best gift ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.