Legions: Overdrive Summer Extravaganza Sign ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ter

there can be only one winner... so wat if 2 two best teams were from different sides of the world? then how? one with 500 ping and one with 10? at least make 3 comps, 1 for asia, 1 for euro and 1 for us

Disci

Old man
there can be only one winner... so wat if 2 two best teams were from different sides of the world? then how? one with 500 ping and one with 10? at least make 3 comps, 1 for asia, 1 for euro and 1 for us

Have you read anything that has been said about the tournament? It's a draft tournament so it means, that every team has a mix of players from all around the world. It's BEST for everyone, that the servers are in the usa. Having a server in europe would cause serious pain in the ass for asian players and other way round.

Noober

If a captain must "mix" the team, for example: 3 US player, 3 euro player, and 2 asian (depending by the number of players for each country) it will be good.. but a team with 5 US player and only 3 player from others country vs a team of 4 euro 2 asian and 2 american make it unfair!
If this point will be put in the rules it maybe good for fairplay. ;)

Disci

Old man
If a captain must "mix" the team, for example: 3 US player, 3 euro player, and 2 asian (depending by the number of players for each country) it will be good.. but a team with 5 US player and only 3 player from others country vs a team of 4 euro 2 asian and 2 american make it unfair!
If this point will be put in the rules it maybe good for fairplay. ;)

Pointless and too much work. Remember that this is about fun, not something that people would be dead serious about. Also do I need to remind you about the fact that most of us are playing on usa servers almost daily and are more than capable of handle those high pings(ofcos americans are in win/win situation, but who the *dance* cares?). If captains do want to win and be serious about this, ofcos they will pick more low pingers for those positions which beneficts from it the most and it's very wise to do so, but as long as information doesn't transfer instantly all over the world and back, or we can't get our asses over the same place and play in LAN, we do need to find simple solutions. After all at this point it's all about the event, not about who has the best odds to win.

I don't consider 5 americans with 3 high pingers vs 4 euro, 2 asian and 2 american team unfair if played on american server... We all know what euros have done to american "top" teams in the past on american servers. No brag, but just simple reminder, that ping is not THAT important.

Noober

Pointless and too much work. Remember that this is about fun, not something that people would be dead serious about. Also do I need to remind you about the fact that most of us are playing on usa servers almost daily and are more than capable of handle those high pings(ofcos americans are in win/win situation, but who the *dance* cares?). If captains do want to win and be serious about this, ofcos they will pick more low pingers for those positions which beneficts from it the most and it's very wise to do so, but as long as information doesn't transfer instantly all over the world and back, or we can't get our asses over the same place and play in LAN, we do need to find simple solutions. After all at this point it's all about the event, not about who has the best odds to win.

I don't consider 5 americans with 3 high pingers vs 4 euro, 2 asian and 2 american team unfair if played on american server... We all know what euros have done to american "top" teams in the past on american servers. No brag, but just simple reminder, that ping is not THAT important.

yes, i think you're right... i've get the point!
If i'm signed i must play at all cost or i can say that i "probably play" (if all my friends go to lake i like much more to swim than play pc) if there will be clouds i sure play!

I need to know also the estimated gameplay time from the tournament begin (here in euro begin at 20.00) because for saturday i have no problem to play all night, but on sunday evening yes.. on monday i work!
And i can also go to lake in morning/afternoon and be here on evening to play...

Let me know something pls.
Thx you all.

Disci

Old man
Now... I know this is useless to say out loud, but if you now sign up and then you don't tell anyone that you can't make it and don't show up when it starts, you're a *dancing* *lovely lady* and should never show your face in here ever again. I will personaly come to where you live and kick your face in. This is what happens during PUG's(or happened, since I've not played one practicaly in months) and it's always ruining the fun for the rest of the players. So if you plan to be a self centered piece of *chocolate cookies*, go do that to some other gaming community or better yet, shoot yourself in the stomach.

Now unexpect things might happen, but try your best to inform anyone in here so it can be noticed before it's too late. Legions haven't had any competition since ages and for now this is the best we gonna have, so don't *dance* this up, people.

With <3 disci.

Noober

:eek:
obvious that i will say at least 1-2 day before turnament begin if i cannot partecipate!
Just tell me if i must play all sunday night cause on morning i will go to work..
i can play from 20.00 to max 2 am.

Then sign me up.. disci is convincing enought :)

Status
Not open for further replies.