Legions Mapping Contest [Round 4]

Poponfu

Lead Developer
We will be taking submissions for the next 4 days , PM them to me or post them in this thread along with any special instructions the map might need.

The map with the most votes after 1 week will be added to the game. There will be more rounds further down the road , maps that lose will be allowed to be resubmitted as long as they are refined.

Its okay to start threads making your early versions available for your map before voting starts.

Complete Editor Instructions

Rules:

-The main thing , you must create all the content for your map or use any existing Legions assets. Textures can be sourced from the web but need to be manipulated to suit your needs.

-Any game mode is allowed.

-Custom scripts are ok but will be examined by the devs if you win and you might be asked to rework them.

-A team of people working on a map is ok.

-Can only submit one map

-If there are 5 decent(at the devs discretion) entries the top two will be added instead

-Maps from previous rounds can be resubmitted as long as they have been significantly revised.

Submissions DUE BY on 4/5/2014
Voting will begin on 4/6/2014

Complete Editor Instructions

Fixious

Test Lead

Chillout. Uses one new terrain texture, which is packaged in the download. Simply drag/drop the mission files into legions/data/missions, and NewSnow into legions/data/terrains.

https://mega.co.nz/#!lVkyECLI!_g9G2ay0gH40-NtbBYHWWp8O4LF0MuSGZpqenUeFGe8

GDDECY1.png

MiDwGbq.png

IDKuVKh.png

HJyBVaC.png

6ysRxGZ.jpg

oRes1gr.png

HsGpaC5.png

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor

Fixious

Test Lead
Yes, it's the Moonshine terrain and bases, but rotated 90 degrees and of course modified the middle. I checked the spawns and didn't run into any issues.

And if anyone is curious, you can press Ctrl + H before pressing Create Game to completely remove the HUD (including the Core bar at the top). That's how I usually grab clean screenshots.

Jello

Contributor
meh why not... I know people dont like playing big maps but oh well.

StoneHaven.. re-did the sky, still has laser strike though.. should not load up as random skies anymore..place missions in legions/data/missions

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Seems I missed 2 things that are needed, download link updated.

And I also have a server running these maps, I can't guarantee you good ping but hey its a server.

Jello

Contributor
Submissions DUE BY on 4/5/2014
Voting will begin on 4/6/2014

This round kinda came outa nowhere....Not many people were ready for this, and 4 days to make/submit a map is not really something many map makers can do. hell stonehaven which I thought was finished still needs a couple tweakings here and there, since players pointed a couple things out to me

Jello

Contributor
I revised StoneHaven a bit, can i still upload new version or is that too late? Too many people getting pissed of when capping on Alpha side so I did a little remodeling, same thing with beta, hell I myself was getting pissed off a bit.(when capping on beta side)

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
57thEnryu: 105975 said:
Is like to enter badlands but I cant work on it and apparently it don't work in this last version.....

I can send you version i have it works for me