Legions International Competitive League - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I don't think it matters if he was killed immediately, that's still breaking the rules. If I switch to sniper lets say and snipe your flag carrier while we already have 1 sniper on the team and I die right after, that wouldn't be considered cheating either?

That example doesn't really apply here. If Enryu was playing the entire game (or a good chunk of it) as a HO he'd be expected to respawn in heavy, which doesn't really equate to your example of a guy purposely respawning as a sniper to snipe the opposition (when there is already a primary sniper).

Xzanth

Legions Developer
I don't think it matters if he was killed immediately, that's still breaking the rules. If I switch to sniper lets say and snipe your flag carrier while we already have 1 sniper on the team and I die right after, that wouldn't be considered cheating either?

You're bending the rules to your side, which is completely unfair.
The death is irrelevant, you got that right, but from what people have said here, he is still not breaking the rules. The important matter is that there is only allowed to be one sentinel playing heavy on flag, and seeing as Enryu was playing Heavy Offense the only way there could be a conflict over the rules is if someone had interpreted his play as being more reminiscent of that of a HoF. So far the only reason that they might think that according to this thread is that he picks up a loose flag in the base. Picking up a loose flag is not something that only a HoF would do, any player on the team would pick up a loose flag if the opposing team were going to return it, and as such he isn't breaking the rules by doing so, he's still playing as HO which complies with the rules.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

HoF is the position of blocking incoming cappers. Enryu apparently didn't do that from what I can gather.

S

shaskie

That's true, but what enryu should have done was respawn instantly, or have had karnage switch to raider, yeah it wasn't intentional for him to respawn and pick it up, but it could have been avoided.

Karnage

Private Tester
Enryu was a heavy all through the game. He didn't SWITCH to heavy. He was HO ALL GAME LONG. Even when he had the flag he was still not HoFFing. The rules state that we cannot have two HoFs, not that we can't have two heavies. What you are trying to say is that when Enryu spawned at our base and saw that the flag was loose, he should just have ignored it because he was on offense. That is like telling the LO not to do that either because he is not LD. Total BS. Can we just drop the subject now because it is over.

Application-1

test bester
Time for me to chip in.
When we had a HO, i told our HO to never ever touch the flag in our base because then you are a HoF and that would be breaking the rules.
HoF is not just standing on a flag and defending your home flag, it is about protecting the enemy flag in your base aswell. Dueling is a big part of HoF wich for some sad reason people just wont get.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Different opinions, but put yourself into the position of a HO and having the flag in your face, in a game you don't think that much, you just do what you need to do to help your team. If it involves the HO/ LO/ Capper to pick up the flag in order to help out your team in a hard moment for D(not all the game) I say that its totally acceptable, and if that guy quickly gives the pass to the LD/ HOF and minds his own position after doing so, its just fine.
The players involved in the game know best, and it depends on how much the HO kept the flag and if he did a make a series of passes with the main heavy D.

As far as i see it: double HOF starts when the HOF's coordinate their pass and start blocking the enemies off the flag stand

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Time for me to chip in.
When we had a HO, i told our HO to never ever touch the flag in our base because then you are a HoF and that would be breaking the rules.
HoF is not just standing on a flag and defending your home flag, it is about protecting the enemy flag in your base aswell. Dueling is a big part of HoF wich for some sad reason people just wont get.
My problem with that is that, in my opinion, a heavy doesn't instantaeneously become HoF as soon as he picks up a flag being tossed around the base, just as a chaser (who normally returns) doesn't become stayD if he were to do the same. He remains HO as long as he just does this in a moment of need then continues returning.

Karnage

Private Tester
Different opinions, but put yourself into the position of a HO and having the flag in your face, in a game you don't think that much, you just do what you need to do to help your team. If it involves the HO/ LO/ Capper to pick up the flag in order to help out your team in a hard moment for D(not all the game) I say that its totally acceptable, and if that guy quickly gives the pass to the LD/ HOF and minds his own position after doing so, its just fine.
The players involved in the game know best, and it depends on how much the HO kept the flag and if he did a make a series of passes with the main heavy D.

As far as i see it: double HOF starts when the HOF's coordinate their pass and start blocking the enemies off the flag stand
It is exactly as Stefy sees it. There was no attempt on our behalf to double HoF.

loc

#1 Private Tester
So is it fair to say then from what I've read is that you could essentially have a heavy stay at home plus a heavy on flag to pass back and forth with?

Xzanth

Legions Developer
So is it fair to say then from what I've read is that you could essentially have a heavy stay at home plus a heavy on flag to pass back and forth with?
Depends what the consensus on the definition of HoF is. I think a HoF is just a heavy stay at home and as such that would be illegal. Using iOD to block cappers is just using your specific kit as a heavy to defend the flag and kill enemies at the base, which is what a stay at home does just with different capabilities.

Armageddon

Teapot
I'm positive i've said this before in this thread but looks like it was deleted.

Forcing teams to limit positions is stupid, this proves my point made way before this thing even started.
I remember back when teams played whatever strats they wanted, like in every other competitive game ever played ...ever.
Position should be assigned by the capt not by the "league", You could avoid all of this little bickering over tiny little instances like this.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I'm positive i've said this before in this thread but looks like it was deleted.

Forcing teams to limit positions is stupid, this proves my point made way before this thing even started.
I remember back when teams played whatever strats they wanted, like in every other competitive game ever played ...ever.
Position should be assigned by the capt not by the "league", You could avoid all of this little bickering over tiny little instances like this.
well the whole point in putting the rules and limitations are to reduce to the amount of butthurt after a match. you've been here long enough arma, you know how puddi this community can get after a bad pickup(i think thats why you[and many others] dont play them, dont remember that well), so why wouldnt people put caps on certain positions in a league?
a lot of the unorthodox strats are, IN MY OPINION, pretty broken.

Rules and limitations on positions are a must for anything to work currently. Obviously people will disagree with said rules(euros and their double hof), but to reduce the amount of pud, it still needs to be taken out.

to contribute to the discussion above, one of the KEY things people hate on double hof'ing is the ability for two heavies to pass back and forth. obviously, that makes the LO's job even harder then it already is. Even if its just a heavy O just passing though, and soon as he picks up that flag, he essentially becomes a "hof", since he is fulfilling one of those tasks (two heavies passing to each other). Now i dunno what happened after enryu picked up the flag, but if i were the hof (karnage, in this case) i would have switched to raider/OR if enryu decided to stay during the standoff. (/switch positions accordingly to compensate)

stefygraff

Private Tester
All this drama because of 1 little comment.

Dont treat one interesting debate as "drama". :)

i find this thread a good lesson for this community, its good that we get to know how these tournaments get to work and im sure that the future is bright for the game. One problem! We must learn to tolerate each other.... And leave the puddi aside....

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
It's all perception, IMO, but in my opinion you shouldn't have two heavies at home. Period. Even IF he had just respawned and was playing HeavyO he was able to fill in for the absent Heavy on Flag as a surrogate Heavy on Flag which breaks his own rules. Granted it was JUST for a couple minutes (or less) but that's a moot point it was still done. One could argue that as long as your Heavy O keeps respawning and picking up the dropped flag. Now of course the team who did it will argue that "he only grabbed it for a second, anyone would have!" but it's the principle that his class was a sentinel. Most likely he iOD'd to get the flag too and probably iOD'd into the air after having the flag, then attempted to pass off to Karnage or perhaps Pilot or Kissy (whichever was at home on that standoff) and that just isn't fair. He said there was a one HoF limit and it sounded to me like he was playing Heavy D (aka HoF).

However, this is all just my opinion and since I was (tearing it up might I add) on stay at home, I am going off of what I was told by my offense and my personal view on the matter.

The game was good though and I quite enjoyed it up until I was told there were two heavies at their base. Then I got confused, I think someone may have even said in the game "They are Enryu's rules and he can bend them however he likes" and that could have been a joke but it kinda seems like what's going on to me.

(IMO a better rule would be ONE HEAVY per team, if you're going to try to limit it, then all this confusion would be avoided.)

they-call-me-stacey-thats-not-my-name.jpg

MightyDeath

Rules and limitations on positions are a must for anything to work currently. Obviously people will disagree with said rules(euros and their double hof), but to reduce the amount of pud, it still needs to be taken out.
What? We never used double HoF during our scrimms, lol. Not even HO and HoF >.<.
And to be honest I don't have anything against these kind of rules.

Karnage

Private Tester
Henceforth please refrain from putting forward your personal (and clearly superior and wonderfully intelligent) opinion. There have been a bounty of opinions already. Enough has been said on this topic. There is one match to go. Let's use common sense and try to abide by the rules as they stand. These tournaments are a work in progress. I don't think we did anything wrong, but, in the interests of the community at large and future tournaments I will say that perhaps we need to be clearer about the limitations of positions. We are all on a learning curve here. Please do not view this as an admission of guilt in any way. As far as the rules stand I am of the very firm opinion that we were within our rights but this is obviously something that needs to be discussed in greater detail. We will have a sit-down at some point and make sure these things are clearer before we have the next tournament. Ultimately, I don't think that what Enryu did made any difference whatsoever to the outcome and we won fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.