Legions International Competitive League - Launch

I'm sorry but you won't find many teams which are reliable.
Also the playerbase hasn't matured as you would expect, it actually got more and more imature. Your description of improving in this game isn't the current one. Nowadays people play for themselves. Even though we now have clantags which should improve the team spirit but no. Its just a Z-Axis Ego-Shooter.
Lots of new teams are created but noone of them is to be taken seriously and most of the old teams already disappeared. Little groups are formed of old IA player or new talents that play together but nothing on a competitive level. Pugs don't happen that much anymore.
You know better than everyone else that it is quite improbable that such a ladder will be created or even last long enough that it could be called ladder.
Especially regarding the fact that BF3,MW3, T:A and other games will be ripping this community apart. In addition, the development of this game is too slow to keep people interested for a long time.

All in all this game seems to be doomed!.
hate to say it but i agree with this

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Just a couple of comments. I read 'LICL' as 'lickle' in my head (which is kinda fun) and, unless it's an American thing, 'challonge' should probably read 'challenge'.

Other then that, good luck with the league!

57thEnryu

Just a couple of comments. I read 'LICL' as 'lickle' in my head (which is kinda fun) and, unless it's an American thing, 'challonge' should probably read 'challenge'.

Other then that, good luck with the league!
challonge is the name of the site actually....never thought about the LICL thing that way.......

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Welcome to the official launch of the Legions International Competitive League! The LICL is a league of international gamers competing to showcase their Legions: Overdrive skills. What is Legions: Overdrive? Legions (for short) is the child of the Tribes Series, featuring faced placed game play and on of the few first-person shooter games that actively uses the z-axis. For a long time it went by the name of Fallen Empires: Legions, however when Instant Action shut down and the game was sold, it became known as Legions: Overdrive.

Before now a legions competition would have been hard to control, however with the anouncment of upcoming user-created servers, we are able to create a competition and regulate it actively. If your not familiar with the game, check it out at LegionsOverdrive.com. Stay tuned for further announcments on LICL news and the upcoming Season 1.
Marked some (not all) of the worst mistakes for you.

Also, so far, you've done a great job thinking about the feedback that you've asked for - you just forgot to communicate the results of that.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Looks fun I think if you can get enough teams.

I dont mind the rules myself.. and to me , quick tourneys like this are better than full seasons at this point.

57thEnryu

Ok, so with the live version being updated soon (very soon I hope) I am going to announce the sign up events for this. If we assume that the live will be updated by the end of this week, and give 2 weeks for sign up, then I estimate that the league will start either March 17 or 24, probly 24 to allow time for teams to get ready. I am making one change, teams that are not officially a clan can enter now, but you must submit a lineup of 10 ppl (7 reg + 3 subs). More details will come out later, but the nase rules are in the OP.

57thEnryu

lawl, I had to share this. The viewing audience of my LICL Blog:
chart

WTF non-russians?! :D