Legions FAQ

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I also wouldn't be too surprised if they decided to release new voicepacks or skins... Who knows what they have in store.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I guess whenever Overdrive would get updates they'd have to have a secondary link taking you to a download/replace your skin files. It wouldn't be necessary, but would make it convenient and since we are supposed to get updates every now and then, I think it would be a good idea...

Yeah, I was actually working on a voice pack at one time, but then I realized that I'd be the only one that's able to hear it...

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
... "Mac support won’t be provided at launch."
Aaaand with that, hope goes back to its previous, near-nonexistent state.
*epic QQ*

Severance

Private Tester
*epic QQ*

or you could just use Bootcamp/rEFIt and load up windows 7 to quench your thirst. It's really easy using bootcamp, even for a novice.

Trashman

only question i need answered is:
will the new Legions support Win7 x64 , because that stopped me from playing last time
IA was up :(

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, actually we'll be getting a new computer before Legions comes online, so I'll just convert the old one into a gaming comp :D

57thRomance

*epic QQ*
I have Crossover and Crossover Games. Depending on how the client is distributed, it might work. Both applications do have a price tag on them, but I got an app that has some serial keys (KCNScrew, works wonders when you need it to) so I got both apps for free (I can't help it; I'm cheap).

57thEnryu

A large part of the community is asking about a Map Editor - can this be added into the FAQ?
ooh, yes, I'd love to create a custom map. Starcraft and CSS allows you to create custom maps and run them on your own server or put them on the web for other players. If I do make custom maps though, it wont be CTF or Deathmatch or Team, but rather skills. For example, a map that will have a course that could help you get better at skiing, another that has targets for shooting at, and it just gets harder and harder, to the point where you are able to midair like nothing and get ski through a door without hitting the sides. I like that idea XD

Though practically speaking, its prob not gona happen.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Yeah, but then it all depends on the terms of the contract... For all we know, they might be contractually bound to not share it with us...

Mahidhar

I have played Legions in the last few months before shutdown, on Win 7 64-bit OS. All I needed to do, was give Legions administrator access.

Forestriker

One question: Compared to the browser version, is the Legions standalone gonna be less, equal, or more resource demanding to run? It may be a little early to ask, but any idea?
I looked around in the forum but didn't see any info.
Thanks

Outlawl

Macabre
ooh, yes, I'd love to create a custom map. Starcraft and CSS allows you to create custom maps and run them on your own server or put them on the web for other players. If I do make custom maps though, it wont be CTF or Deathmatch or Team, but rather skills. For example, a map that will have a course that could help you get better at skiing, another that has targets for shooting at, and it just gets harder and harder, to the point where you are able to midair like nothing and get ski through a door without hitting the sides. I like that idea XD

In the foreseeable future, the map editor is not going to be available to the public until legal and technical issues are sorted through. That's not to say we're never releasing the editor but as of right now, it's just not feasible.

Jodediah

Is there an ETA?
On an unrelated note I'm seeing a lot of people with avatars from the old IA... does anyone think they can find the crappy candycorn avatar for me?I would be eternally grateful. :}