Legions Cap-off Contest

I guess you should prove it then. Maybe play against kasityolainen and try to cap. He might just chain you down before you're able to grab and not even talk about how easy it is to block incoming cappers on Gorge if there's no distraction.
if you want the game to be fair enough and be playable by everybody CG and LR are not to be used
skill is not about aim and shoot

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I guess you should prove it then. Maybe play against kasityolainen and try to cap. He might just chain you down before you're able to grab and not even talk about how easy it is to block incoming cappers on Gorge if there's no distraction.

Oi, Leave my clan mate alone! He's a good capper actually!

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I kinda like phanakapan's idea of more technical routes. So this would sort of be like the NBA Slam Dunk Contest, but in this case it would be the Cap Contest. A good HOF will usually defeat a capper if there is no LO, so the idea of O v D, while interesting, might get kind of boring - though I would love to see it happen any way. I still prefer a cap contest; I would love to see how zany people will go - chute to chute, reverse chute, etc etc. Nivosus and Moonshine would be the obvious choices, as their bases make for some entertaining caps.

Buhlitz

So here are some thoughts, after reading just the op.

I fully love and endorse this idea! I remember sometimes when trying to organize pickups we'd only have 4/5/6 players so we'd often times come up with mini games, which was more often than not simply a half hazard form of practicing O v D.

Also, to me it was always fun to do small quick game types. 3 Minutes, 4 v 4 Nivo for instance can actually be quite strategic and intense. Until servers come though you'd have to mod something.

In Terms of Cap Off's , I usually like to do a minimum of 2 v 2 for O v D trade off's. Much like you said you get x amount of minutes or x amount of tries, then you switch roles/sides and keep score. You can even spice it up with rules like Outrider only (lt?) No Hof, No OD, You must make a Flag pass before scoring, LD can't grab to stop cap. Etc.

If you were to put people into brackets, I'd say do 2 v 2 minimum 3 v 3 max, with a quick time limit and O v D that switches a few times, and play best out 7.

Dimitryy

1 on 1. everyone gets one try to cap and one try to defend. so you would have the same chanc as everyone else. unnoted whats your favorite position (cap or defence) :) and i would like to see nivosus for this

but 2 on 2 is fine too :D