Legions 1.40 Pre-Release Video

Skutki

You can almost (bring him down to 90% I think)
first- i think you meant 10%.
second- cluster doesnt deal 90% of raider's hp as damage in the way k e v i n (offtopic- wtf is with the s p a c e s) said:
(it wasn't even an MA):confused:
when deployed i believe it could deal 90% damage if miraculously all the clusterlings hit, but in practice the lowest ive taken a 100% outrider to is 1% with cluster, could never do more damage for some reason.

do you mean cluster is nerfed or that it still won't be able to do 1hit?

...dodge core seems random and out of place in this game, seems noobish.

It may seem that way because we haven't experienced it yet, but there are a lot of factors that could deter our expectations on the update - can it be used when hitting overdrive speed(or any high speed for that matter) to make quick turns or rather used to help skiing or pick up speed(not to be confused with the boost core)? I'd assume you can grab the flag with it, which is pretty cool, but would possibly deactivate the core just like it does with the others(excluding OD).

Anyhow, it just goes to show that I don't think any of these would be strictly for dueling purposes, but it would make the most out of cores in general if they were made at their maximum potential so that they may be useful for other game types involving the flag.

... would it be possible to reduce the damage[on the cluster]...:confused:

Well, remember there are two different clusters - Sents carry Cluster 2. Raiders carry Cluster 1. Cluster 2 obviously carries more "sparks" if you will, thus increasing the damage it deals.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Cluster can do a theoretical maximum single-target damage of 116 damage (raider health is 100), though this is nigh impossible to pull off because you would have to literally detonate at the last milisecond before it hits the target after firing it in such a way that the outward movement of the bomblets is irrelevant (that shot needs to be traveling 250+). Can it be done? Yes. Is it going to be very difficult? Yes.

Cluster II can do a single-target maximum of 167 damage under similar circumstances.

57thEnryu

Cluster can do a theoretical maximum single-target damage of 116 damage (raider health is 100), though this is nigh impossible to pull off because you would have to literally detonate at the last milisecond before it hits the target after firing it in such a way that the outward movement of the bomblets is irrelevant (that shot needs to be traveling 250+). Can it be done? Yes. Is it going to be very difficult? Yes.

Cluster II can do a single-target maximum of 167 damage under similar circumstances.
challenge-accepted.png

Fixious

Test Lead
It may seem that way because we haven't experienced it yet, but there are a lot of factors that could deter our expectations on the update - can it be used when hitting overdrive speed(or any high speed for that matter) to make quick turns or rather used to help skiing or pick up speed(not to be confused with the boost core)? I'd assume you can grab the flag with it, which is pretty cool, but would possibly deactivate the core just like it does with the others(excluding OD).

You can use it at any speed you want, there is no required min/max speed to use Dodge. You won't be using it to make quick turns though since it doesn't change the direction you're looking, nor will it help you gain speed since you'll be going the same exact speed you were before activating Dodge. And yes, it deactivates once you've grabbed the flag. If anything, Dodge will be the most useful when dueling.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
The dodge core is only going to be really used for dueling as fixi said. Its really funny because you can continuously zip around on the floor a good 4 times before your energy runs out. But yeah once it's fixed (if poponfu actually does it correctly this time) it will be a vital part of dueling.

Man, hopefully we get some deathmatches started up again since we'll be having some dueling cores to make things interesting. It's gonna look awesome watching people "zip around". It might be too annoying for us snipers, though..

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Man, hopefully we get some deathmatches started up again since we'll be having some dueling cores to make things interesting. It's gonna look awesome watching people "zip around". It might be too annoying for us snipers, though..
There's a couple Duel-based modes that are returning/coming.

As long as we focus a little bit more on spreading Legions across the Web, we should have numerous and different games/game types going during peak times, which will give people more variety(excluding the awesome update that will give us much gameplay variety) and an incentive in joining matches, and in effect, will hopefully attract more people of the community to join. So this may be why you guys are dropping the "beta" tag? Maybe it's enough updating with something new until the "restructuring" of Legions comes with the new engine.. and until the start of the project, you guys are focusing on bringing more people in?

Sin

Private Tester
Advertising for this version I don't think is going to happen. Too old, and the new legions will be the main focus.

Maxter

No advertisements -> No community growth -> No new resources for development -> No increase in the pace of development -> even more delay for advertisements -> even more community stagnation. Endless cycle.

Too many cooks spoil the broth, too few customers make it pointless. Don't mistake me for bashing on the devs as I'm not. You guys are doing a good job, but I feel that it's about time for you to officially put this game out there after 1.4. It is as close to being complete as it can be. *Tribes: Ass-End* as I see it, is done for, lots of it's vets are looking for alternatives for that game. You show this game off and the progress you've made with it, you may receive unexpected help and support. My two cents.

Armageddon

Teapot
I don't agree, advertising this version (1.40) when a new game on a new engine are in the works as the main focus seems counter-active.

It's kinda like opening a T2 jewel case and finding gubbins about T1 inside.
Look forward move forward, look behind go nowhere.

Fixious

Test Lead
No advertisements -> No community growth -> No new resources for development -> No increase in the pace of development -> even more delay for advertisements -> even more community stagnation. Endless cycle.

The success of 1.40 will have no affect on 2.0. I'm also quite certain they still can't get any money from Legions as per the IAC deal, so advertising to get money for resources would be pointless.

57thEnryu

If we do any advertising on the new patch, it will be only on forums and whatnot. I would save a full advertising campaign for the new one. Hell, see if we cant get the new one in PAX, that will get it going strong.

moronval

Private Tester

Too many cooks spoil the broth, too few customers make it pointless. Don't mistake me for bashing on the devs as I'm not. You guys are doing a good job, but I feel that it's about time for you to officially put this game out there after 1.4. It is as close to being complete as it can be. *Tribes: Ass-End* as I see it, is done for, lots of it's vets are looking for alternatives for that game. You show this game off and the progress you've made with it, you may receive unexpected help and support. My two cents.

How old are you?

Maxter

The success of 1.40 will have no affect on 2.0. I'm also quite certain they still can't get any money from Legions as per the IAC deal, so advertising to get money for resources would be pointless.

I also meant human resources, and ofcourse success of the upcoming version has nothing to do with it. We only need people to take note of how far the game has come. All I'm saying is that now we might have a 'solid' version of the game(as solid as it can be on this engine). 1.4 could be something to showcase and bring in more gamers while these guys work on the 2.0. I'm not asking for the ads to start right after they release 1.4 either, but rather when they are done solving most of the balancing issues and bugs.

This is a great game, overlooked by too many people. I've even known a number of Tribes players who wished for this type of gameplay in *Tribes: Ass-End*. But now that their community is getting thinner, we might have a chance to drag some of them into Legions. If the pre-release video looked promising, I believe our community members can make an even better video(no offense to devs).

None of us know how long it is going to take for the Unity version to be 'complete'. Pretty long is what I'm assuming. By that time, half of us might not even be here. I know I won't. Regardless, this is a good time to start letting people know I think.

Maxter

Where the *dance* are you going?

Sigh... My point is that the circumstances will change by the time 2.0 is done, and that this game might not even have atleast the amount of people in the community it has now. Anyway, it's just my opinion, and I don't have a problem with whatever direction they take with it.