League Idea

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Rough Draft #1 of League, I say rough draft because it is before the input of Captains and League Commissioner which im sure they will have changes to make this better.

TEAMS:
  • A 7 on 7 season. Each team will be composed of 10 players. All teams will be formed via a draft.
  • Captains are in charge of determining the game roster each week. Pre-game organization will take place by e-mail or in a pre-game warmup server. Players who would like to serve as Captains can volunteer by posting.
  • 1 sniper per team (subject to change)
  • 1 HoF per team (subject to change)
LEAGUE MANAGEMENT:
  • The league is managed by captains through a vote from all captains of teams in matters where it is necessary.
  • When a team has co-captains, only one vote per team will be accepted.
  • The League commissioner will serve to moderate and bring agenda items before the captains. Captains may also present items upon discussion with the Commissioner. The Commissioner, with vote from captains, can also take action to suspend a player from play, based on poor sportsmanship in a game, in a posting on a league forum thread, or in sending e-mail related to the league.
  • If necessary, Captains may remove the Commissioner or another Captain by majority vote. Captains are responsible for disruptive team behavior. The Commissioner will not be a Team Captain.
GAMES & TIMES:
  • Matches will be played on the predetermined map for that week.
  • The matches will normally be played on Saturday/Sunday of that week, Captains are allowed to set their own time that will best fit for their teams.
  • If a team is not able to play on the Saturday/Sunday, Captains may work out a day and time before Saturday/Sunday.

MAPS & SERVERS:
  • Games will be played on servers provided by admins. Other players can provide servers if for some reason the previous ones are not available, provided that the hoster is not playing on either team in that match.
  • Maps for the regular season are pre-determined. There will be a different map each week, but all games in a given week are played on the same map. If possible, the Captains should Admin the game to facilitate resetting the server, choosing sides.
  • Voice chat during league games IS allowed.
Maps: (subject to change)
  • Gorge
  • Stygian
  • Frostbyte
  • Nivosus
  • Sleepwalker
  • Zenith
  • Moonshine
  • Elegiac
  • Fallout
LAG / CONNECTION ISSUES:
  • Lag or connection issues should be tested and worked out prior to the start of the game. The two Captains should discuss issues relating to server problems.
  • Players should communicate with their captain if there is a server problem using team chat.
  • Once a game has started it must be completed. It may not be stopped mid-game due to lag. In case of a server crash mid-game, the score should be noted. A full 25-minute game can then be continued on another server, but the score from the aborted game will be added to the new score. If this is not possible, then by mutual agreement of the 2 Captains and the Commissioner, the game may be rescheduled.
IN-GAME RULES:
  • Games will start at the time that the captains originally agreed on. 10 minutes is allowed at the beginning of each game to setup sides and make sure people are on respective teams. The will start when the Captains agree on start. Warming up should be done before game time.
  • Teams will switch sides after the first game, 5 minutes is allowed if needed to get ready.
  • Captains will state their HoF and Sniper at the beginning of a game, players cannot switch the sniper role or HoF role during a game but can switch inbetween games. If a player does decided to switch their Captain should let the other Captain know.
  • Players cannot be substituted during a game. They can be substituted inbetween games and should be noted to the other Captain.
  • No blatant rabbiting to prolong game or prevent score
  • No turtling
SCORING:
  • During the regular season, a match consists of two games.
  • One team will play on alpha the first game then will switch to beta before the second game.
  • The match shall be scored as follows: If one team reaches a score of 10 or at the end of 25-minute, the team with the higher score shall be awarded two points and the team with the lower score shall be awarded no points.
  • If a team wins both games in the match they get an extra point. (If the match is 6vs7 there is not a possibility for an extra point). In the case of a tie, both teams shall be awarded one point. (Win = 2 pt, Tie = 1 pt, Loss = 0 pt).
Possible outcomes for a match: (W = Win, T = Tie, L = Loss)
WW = 5 pts
TW = 3 pts
WT = 3 pts
WL = 2 pts
LW = 2 pts
TL = 1 pt
LT = 1 pt
LL = 0 pts

• Screenshots of the game scores should be posted immediately after the match in the League thread.
ATTENDANCE:
  • If a team shows up with less than 7 players, a 6 on 6 game can be played by mutual agreement.
  • However, this can only happen once per team per season. If it happens a second time, a 6 on 7 game can be played by mutual agreement, but the team with poor attendance will not be eligible to reschedule.
DISPUTES/CONFLICTS:
  • If a conflict should arise between players/teams, players will notify their Captain to address the conflict within 4 hours of the game. If it cannot be resolved, the issue will be brought to the League Commissioner.
  • If the Commissioner is unable to resolve the issue or is directly involved in the conflict, then the issue will be presented for a majority vote by all team Captains. Captains will present conflicts between each other to the forum of Captains to be resolved by majority vote. The Commissioner and/or vice-commissioner will moderate, facilitate resolution and cast a tie-breaking vote when necessary.
PLAYER REPLACEMENT:
  • A draft pool of reserve players will exist to replace players no longer able to play, for whatever reason.
  • The Commissioner will help teams maintain parity by filling vacant team slots, in conjunction and with input from other Captains. Final discretion for player placement is assigned to the Commissioner to keep league play operating in a good way.
  • Replacement players must be approved by the Commissioner at least 24 hours prior to game time.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Good idea! Need more teams though...
Timezones, etc. may become a problem - but that can be considered when the league is confirmed.
Again, nice idea; hope it works out for you! +1

Bestking

If players from the UK want to participate the time zone is: GMT 0 and the Americans time zones are GMT -4/GMT -5/GMT -6/GMT -7/GMT -8

Battelstar

I like the idea. As stefy said this needs a lot of organization. One thing you may should make sure is that the captains are able to find ways (IRC or forum messages for example) to set dates for matches without the league admin(s). That was one main reason why the WLL (a league which me and some others tried to organize at IA times) failed. Also you should try to make it as short as possible, like only one month or something for the first season just to try out what works and what not. If you need help let me now :) With motivated people it could work. Maybe there will be only like 4 teams or something, but as long as everyone has fun I don't see why this should not happen.

Also i vote for MightyDeath to be a league admin or team captain!

stefygraff

Private Tester
Best thing you can do (for now) with youe idea is to turn it into a Pug program with a few leaders.
And after you build up a solid core of members push it up to the rank of competition.
And as i said... You really need 1 or 2 crazy-heads to keep pushing the program and organise pug after pug(quality pugs)

ps: mightydeath really needs to be admin for this idea to work:-D:-D

57thEnryu

ehm:
LICLlogo.png

I have officially launced the Legions Internation Competitive Leauge. To sign up your team for the upcoming winter season go here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/qcftjsxhff

Site page is LICL.Challonge.com

The tourney is not published right now to allow for edits in the scoring/match system, but I will let you all know when it is up and running (you can still sign up). I am also looking for 4 co-organizers to help me run this. To apply for that PM me and include your Callonge.com usernames (I have already sent invites to a few people who I think would be great in organizing this, but if they turn it down I will still need people)

Good Luck all!!

Gameplay:
  • Each team will consist of a 10 man roster, with matches being 8 vs. 8
  • Round Robin system (all team get to play equal amount of games with points given in the game. team with most points at end of season wins)
    • If there is a tie at end of season it will be decided by a 1 match playoff
  • There will be 2 matches per game with 2 different maps
  • Teams will be predetermined via clan affiliation
  • Home/away servers will be predetermined based on bracket layout (team listed first are away, team listed second are home)
  • Teams will pick sides depending on a coin toss (winner of toss will chose which side they want to play, alpha or beta)
  • Map will be predetermined for each round of the tournament
  • There is no rescheduling so we can get this tournament moving and not have us wait for a team to get people
  • Each team must submit 2 screen-shots of the final score, one for each match
    • If your team does not submit a screen shot within 24-hours of the match, you automaticaly forefit that match.
  • Substitutions will be allowed but only if 5 of your original players are on
    • Subs will be chosen on agreement between the captains of each team.
  • The tournament is planned to be held during a weekend during early afternoon hours (est) and evening hours (euros). We will try to get this tournament done in one weekend – that is saturday and sunday)
Rules:
  • Sniper Limit set to 1
  • No blatant rabbiting to prolong game or prevent score
  • No turtling
  • HoF Limit set to 1
  • Breaking the rules will result in a lose on that map.
Maps:
  • Frostbyte
  • Zenith
  • Fallout
  • Core
  • Elegiac
  • Gorge
  • Stygian
Scoring:
  • Match Win = 1pt
  • Match Tie = 0.5pt
  • Game Win = 2pt
  • Game Tie = 1pt

I'll admit the draft thing sounds like a good idea, but the rest is pretty much my idea....

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Not trying to take this as my big idea or something..... just trying to introduce something new. Like i said it will only take a few people who are trusted and knowledgeable about the game to put together. But just like how it was said before it starts off with a few people to work out the problems that will occur during the league. I believe though it can be very successful if people sign up.

Only big issues I see needing resolving is when games will be played to be best for everyone to play. That can be worked out no doubt. As far as coordinating everything it will be easy once I have the support of the community. I myself dont even have to do coordinate it, maybe someone who has done it in the past and is experienced. Im just introducing the way of doing it by draft rather than clans because clans provide alot more division and very uneven teams which = no fun.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
This is called a "Fantasy Leage/Draft" and is very similar to Apc's summer competition except spread out over a much longer time period. I think it's a great idea personally and the co-ordination is definitely doable. Great idea Zante. If you think this is too much/too complicated. Don't participate, simple. Now would it be two separate tournaments? One for EU and one for US (Asian and oceanic players fitting in wherever they prefer!) or would it be one huge tournament?

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
I dont see any problem in organization and coordination. The League Commissioner, the Captains and people in control of servers is only people need to work together in order to make this work. Those participating really dont have to do anything but listen to there captains and show up.

I havent made up my mind yet. I was thinking it would all depend on how many people outside the US sign up. Im not even sure how many EU players play the game.

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Well I realized that only a few people have posted to voice there opinion. Is that because only those people feel its a good idea or because noone else cares to say their opinion.I would like to hear as much people input as possible so if u got something to say just say it.... even if u think it is going to fail. I just ask that you state the reasons for your ideas.

After hearing all the opinions of the people so far I think I want to put this into action or at least start to get it rolling. Ill get a draft up of the game rules and regulations since theres still a gap there. I think a 4 team league will be good for the first run. So if there people who think that they can fill the captain positions for these 4 teams sign up. Make sure to put your most used game name and time zone please.

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
I have updated the League Rules and also PM those who want to be part of the league.

Again I am looking for responsible people with time on there hands to be Captains if you are interested please speak up. I am looking for 4 Captains and a Commissioner.

Also if you do not want to be a captain or commissioner but see something that can be fixed or improved your input is appreciated.

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Thanks I have PM you WhiteHawk and its not open right now for participants I want to get captains together first, need two more at this point but after I get the captains I will open it up to people who want to participant.

Karnage

Private Tester
I am willing to captain but we would have to sort out the time issue. From next week until the end of Feb. I should be available any time but after that things will get difficult again.