launcher.exe - cannot find the file

Omikron

i've downloaded the latest launcher and already updated it. But, when i click 'play' it said cannot find the specified file or whatever. I've tried to redownload and reupdate, but the problem's still the same. When i close the launcher and reopen it again, it downloads the updates again, but still failed to find the specified file. How am i supposed to do to play the game?

thanks

MJ1284

Where have you tried unzipping the file? Windows Vista/7 tends to be paranoid if you try to do anything on C: drive (complaining about system administrator rights and whatnot), if possible try to place zip file's content anywhere else than Windows and Program Files -folders.

he can disable the User account control from the control panel if he have an anti virus
if you want to, just put this in the address bar "UserAccountControlSettings.exe" and set it to "Never notify" if might require a restart
it gets really annoying if it's not disabled :mad:

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
he can disable the User account control from the control panel if he have an anti virus
Don't, ever, EVER give that as an "advice".

Now on the topic at hand.
Lemme start from the basics.
Did you unzip the Launcher and did you place it somewere that is not protected by the UAC (For example "Program Files" and "Windows" folders are protected)?

if you think i'm playing chicken with the internet well definitely i win :D
people it's been this way since 4 years and i've never formatted my pc or did a system restore because of a virus or any thing like it
and there isn't any suspicious processes running on my computer

Propkid

Doesn't change a thing.
It does. The UAC definition of 'is trying to make a change on your computer' blows and you get bazillions of useless notifications, while quite often the notifications don't tell you about the important stuff. My AV notifies me each time there's a change in the registry/ a totally new process appears and these notifications > UAC notifications.
Except 'application requesting administrator privileges' but that's a different story.

On topic: could you post more info as to where did you install the game? I've heard of cases where games that aren't installed in their default locations don't start up. Also try opening launcher.exe itself from the 'live' folder and tell us if the menu appears.