Lack of admins in EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
At the end of the day, the final decision is GReaper's, so please, respond and let us know what you are thinking.

Disci

Old man
He probably wont give out something that is not ready and is glitched just because few of the PUG's are failing during the week. Why Application-1 has the rights right now? Well I guess he just wanted to have some peace and freedom to do something else without worrying about having PM'd all the frigging time every damn night. This is just me specualting. Don't take my word for it.

MJ1284

You guys think there is a reason why there are no other admins than there are right now?

And about the PUG that failed tonight, you guys came to IRC expecting that people should not have other things to do than watch IRC incase you guys are ready to pick another map and start it. Then when I mention that it's quite dumb to expect that and then you get mad and blame GReaper for not giving out more admin rights. Are you guys ever grateful?

Getting that much pissed about failed PUG, when you didn't even check if any of the admins are around before you started to pick the teams is just *dancing* dumb. Blame yourself for your stupidity, not others.

Thing is, organizing PUGs currently takes way more effort than it should. Not only do you have to gather enough players, you also have to do it when fits GReaper's time schedule (and no, I'm not bashing GReaper because it's unfair to insist him to keep 24/7 watch).
Doesn't really seem like something you can easily arrange whenever you want to, wouldn't it be easier for everybody (especially GReap) if there'd be vote option "Start game"? It can't be that hard to implement. No hassle with admin rights and people get to play PUGs whenever they want to = win win.

Disci

Old man
I guess there would be a vote options already if it would be easy, but that's just me and my stupid logic! ;)

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Yeah, US is having this problem as well. Usually the only one to start pickups is pop. Mabel is on once and a while. Maybe an increase on both sides by maybe two?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
This thread is *dancing* disgusting. Show some decency guys, and be thankful for what we've got. We have no right to demand anything, no right to be angry, and no reason to bitch. Realize that you're lucky to be able to play a PUG at all at the moment, even if it's only every now and then. It's fine to constructively discuss stuff, but get your heads straight, know where you're standing, what you really "deserve", and again; show some decency. Thanks.

Propkid

This thread is *dancing* disgusting. Show some decency guys, and be thankful for what we've got. We have no right to demand anything, no right to be angry, and no reason to bitch. Realize that you're lucky to be able to play a PUG at all at the moment, even if it's only every now and then. It's fine to constructively discuss stuff, but get your heads straight, know where you're standing, what you really "deserve", and again; show some decency. Thanks.
/thread
^Most angry post in the thread...

Synista

Can't we just wait for play-hosted? You all need to relax... Sure we are hungry for a decent competitive PuG but remember this game has recently just breen brought back to life, you're asking too much from a small group of people, what's the priority here.. Developing of choosing PuG Admins. I think we all know that answer.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Do not think for one moment that I don't appreciate the hard work that has been put into legions already by a very small developer team, who get paid nothing and the work that has yet to go into legions. All I am saying is that by changing one simply thing, these pickups could be made much better.

Sorry if my passion comes across as being indecent, but I'm just trying to improve legions for the better! Which at the end of the day all want.

Battelstar

I see ripper's post more as a suggestion. I think we all are thankful for what we've got right now, the devs did a good job and they will do in future aswell.

The reason why I support this thread in some way is that it seems to me that the devs focused on in my eyes less important things like handnades (no, I am not against handnades because I think every new stuff is good for the game) than focusing on one important basic which the servers are, as the competition (and probably the different modes, too) for which the servers are needed are one of the main part which will keep legions alive.

Maybe they focuse on that since they decided to bring legions back and it's just difficult to release that, then I am sorry for my inexperience, but I seem not to be the only one who doesn't know why it isn't released yet. Would be nice to hear why it is now like it is ;)

All what I know since some minutes is that they are working on it atm and as we all proved that we can be patient (I am talking about the short IA downtime) I believe that we can wait for that, too.

Propkid

How do you know it's simple ;)
Be it simple or not, but...
Developing or choosing PuG Admins.
Are not mutually exclusive choices. If the devs think that choosing a pair of extra admins per continent is a big deal- let them speak.

I mean, after all we are in a BETA goddamnit... The devs have to balance between keeping the current community happy/stable and moving the game out of the beta state. I'm baffled by the current situation and I don't know how much should we ask for... From what I've seen so far only few community requests get fulfilled during betas, but looking at, for example, the Duel servers, I really don't know at which side should I stand in this thread ;/

Synista

The side where you have to be greatful for what you have and just be thankful that you can atleast play a PuG :)

Karnage

Private Tester
Guys, consider yourselves lucky. In Asia there are NO admins. Yes, you read it right. NONE. So quit whining. When I asked the devs if someone could have admin they said they were working on how to get that right - some kind of script that would allow for the security of the game while giving certain people admin rights. Of course they are also working on players being able to host their own servers. We will just have to wait until these things happen. Having so few admins is a result of the need for the security of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.