L:O for Mac Users (Unofficial workaround)

Siantlark

Yeah I thought so... Crappy laptop time until Legions gets released for Mac! Yay!

Can it work on Wine by any chance?

Siantlark

I'll try it out. If I can get it to work it will definitely be better than the rig I use for Legions currently.

Graeme171

ok so this worked perfectly the first time, but after that I have this annoying bug that constantly moves my camera down. is there any way to fix this?

FrySauce

I have tried porting the game with WineSkin. It works, but with problems. All of the terrain textures are black, and so you can't really see much. You kind of need to see hills in Legions... Also collision on structures doesn't work. It SHOULD work, as crossover uses WINE too, but the problem is debugging it all and figuring out fixes to these and any other issues. Anyway, know that the crossover demo's use the system clock as the timer *hint hint*

57thRomance

ok so this worked perfectly the first time, but after that I have this annoying bug that constantly moves my camera down. is there any way to fix this?
Maybe you might need to adjust you mouse speed? Usually, the mouse speed doesn't go as fast as you would like it to unless you adjust it on the Mac, then go into Legions and fix it.

Graeme171

I did try that, but that just made the camera move down faster too. I tried reinstalling it, and that didn't work either.

57thRomance

Sorry I'm late to respond to this. I remember playing Tribes Vengeance and experiencing a similar problem, but I've never had that bug with Legions. I have had bugs with mice generally where I'd move the cursor one way, and it would fling the opposite way instantly after picking up the mouse. I'd say make sure your mouse is working properly first (unplug and plug back in). If you still find yourself having difficulty with controls, try another mouse, probably. And make sure you don't have too many applications running at once; that can fudge with the speed a bit.

*Bump* There's a newer version of Crossover Games that fixes some bugs. I tried it out with my laptop and did the same steps, and it works just as fine, if not better.

Reactions: A2

Nick

I googled crossovergames and it is now discontinued. Any ideas? And, also, when I click on the .exe it doesn't get the other things it actually does no do anything.

Defender

Cool, if this brings more players to this game, its good news..
This game took a big steep forword with the last update, that gave us the inventorys system..
If we could just get one or two devs, who are coders to spend a little time fixing the funky sound system and maybe adding more little fixs to the engine, to allow more textures for map making etc this game could slowly get better.
We also need a loading message for server admins so they can direct players to clientside map downloads before the player gets dropped from the server..

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
If we could just get one or two devs, who are coders to spend a little time fixing the funky sound system and maybe adding more little fixs to the engine, to allow more textures for map making etc this game could slowly get better.
nobody is working on this game right now and nobody has been working on it for a good amount of time.
Nobody has worked on this game for months. Things are stuck the way they are for now.

57thRomance

I googled crossovergames and it is now discontinued. Any ideas?
In the most recent updates to Crossover, the Games app has actually been merged with Crossover, so now there is just Crossover. I'm pretty sure you still follow the same steps to get Legions working.

Levi

Just wondering, but the technology is there to get the game available for mac users... It's just a question of budget?