Keybinds and Voicepacks restored to default (after new patch)

Royalty

The Aussie
Popped into TribesANZ server this afternoon, all of my keybinds were reset, and voicepacks deleted from the game folder.

All fixed now, just wanted to report the issue.

Fixious

Test Lead
Can confirm. Thought this may have just been an issue with mine since I was messing with the prefs file before updating, but Fire's keybinds were also reset.

GReaper

Grumpy
If this happens again, please upload launcher.log so we can see what's going on. Do this before loading the launcher again or you'll lose the log.

I've added a fix which stops config.cs and observerconfig.cs from being deleted, it's released in version 0.6.8 of the launcher, which should protect anyone else when they update.

As for your voicepacks being deleted - did you set them to read only? You must set any file which isn't in the list of protected files to read only. The new launcher deletes any crap which doesn't belong there. The alternative option is to package your voice pack as a zip in the root directory so you don't need to use the crappy hack.

Can confirm. Thought this may have just been an issue with mine since I was messing with the prefs file before updating, but Fire's keybinds were also reset.

Mine were good except for a custom keybind for "minimum toss grenade" I like to have. That one always gets deleted.

Both. It registers faster for boosting and dueling and I screw up less because it releases on click down and not click up.