Just a few questions!

Dizzy

First off I apologize if this post is in the wrong forum!

I haven't been able to get on yet but I found this site tonight. So perhaps eventually I will log onto Legions again. Apparently this computer is bad and I will have to use my good computer ,-,

My question is simple, is there a decent following to allow games frequently? This is just open testing right now correct? Is it dramatically different from when I used to play in the past on IA?

It has been a long time now so just excited to see a chance to at least try it out again.
Thanks for any responses.

MJ1284

Depends on what kind of time period you mean with "in the past".

is there a decent following to allow games frequently? This is just open testing right now correct?

Could you clarify a bit? This site is for Legions: Overdrive only, not for other IA games (not sure if this is what you ment). The game is currently on Open Beta stage, meaning that while it's playable, it's still far from being finished.

Is it dramatically different from when I used to play in the past on IA?

Besides the cosmetic changes (CG bullets) the game is practically the same it was from June 2009 onwards (right after they released the "major" update). One considerable difference is the Rocket Jump, instead of aiming straight down you'll have to turn 180 degrees, aim downwards and then shoot. Currently the FlagHUD is gone (can be easily fixed with this mod: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/flaghud.766/) and the MA distance calculations are integrated into each server, besides that Overdrive is identical to FE:L.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Yes, Dizzy, there is a decent following; you can usually find at least one server with players in it at any given time during the day, so whenever the mood strikes you, you can hop on and enjoy some FPS+Z gameplay. =)

Dizzy

Thanks very much for replies! Many familiar names I have seen on these forums too.
And I only meant Legions MJ1284 not the other IA games.
I am excited to see what it will feel like to move around in the game again.
Peace!

Depends on what kind of time period you mean with "in the past".
One considerable difference is the Rocket Jump, instead of aiming straight down you'll have to turn 180 degrees, aim downwards and then shoot.

Did they really change that? I can still RJ with ease aiming straight down.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
That's because you're playing with an insanely high ping. The RJ mechanics haven't really be changed. But with the improved netcode, you have less latency, so... with a normal ping you can't really RJ like before.