Jordan for Community Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Nuff said.

EDIT:
You might not all believe me, but I was not pressured into posting this thread...
It was my choice alone and I strongly believe that Jordan should become a community manager...
Even though, to me, he already is...

aus.hsp

Private Tester
He displays all the qualities of a community manager.
The list goes on and on; here's just a few.

*Enthusiasm - evident by how active he is on the forums.
*Responsibility - without doubt I can say that Jordan performs over 75% of the moderation on this forum.
*Leadership - due to the fact that he is very active, he always has the time to set-up and even participate in pugs... Jordan, being a veteran of Legions, is looked up to by the community when he does this - he is one of the few veterans around who participate and organise pugs (including creating the server).
*Maturity - for someone of his age, he displays a lot of maturity - this is evident in the way he deals with posts and speaks to everyone in a calm manner on TeamSpeak 3.
*Popularity - everyone gets along with him, i.e. the community... <--- get the hint? community manager...? good with the community...?

As I said above, the list can go on... but I really don't think I need to support my opinion anymore... I can speak for many members of the Legions community when I say, I'm glad we have someone like Jordan in our community - a lot of things would not get done without him.

Propkid

He cannot be the community manager...

Until he posts those pics that he promised me :D
Then he can become the censorship manager. Besides we all **** this *******.

stefygraff

Private Tester
He's definitely competent to being a community manager. As a matter of fact, he has been working hard for us on the forum. Damn Yeah! Community manager is highly suited for him

Dacil

what community?
soon we'll have more managers than people lol name me a community event...an official one that's taken place in the past 3 months...that was actually exciting. when apc was named, I had the reaction of "eh? why another" but it's cool, two is reasonable, but three? for a community that hardly exists? that's just a little ridiculous and yes I have bias but it just so happens to be jord, doesn't matter if it was someone else, I'd still have the same reaction
edit: imo, if he's so awesome at moderating, why move him?

stefygraff

Private Tester
that was actually exciting. when apc was named

I have nothing with Apcizzle, I he is nice and pleasant fellow to hang around with. But he kinda disappeared. Jordan should take his place, and start it all over again(the tournament, the top 10) because that's what we're missing right now.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Oddly enough, I was just having this very conversation with Poponfu the other day. Now with some ammunition, Seymour's going to do some more wheeling and dealing.

As a sidenote: no worries about Jordahan moving away from his awesome brand of forum moderation, he'll still be able to moderate the forums.

Application-1

test bester
Too much asslickery and we don't really need 3 community managers. And yes Apc kinda dissapeared to T:A but I can't blame him, taking his place might be more reasonable then 3, but I don't see anything happening but Jord's colour name changing to red.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
He displays all the qualities of a community manager.
The list goes on and on; here's just a few.

[various reasons]

As I said above, the list can go on... but I really don't think I need to support my opinion anymore... I can speak for many members of the Legions community when I say, I'm glad we have someone like Jordan in our community - a lot of things would not get done without him.

You know what I noticed was conspicuously missing? "Seymour and Apc are overworked and cannot handle the community and thus need assistance."

Nothing against Jordan, I think he's a nice guy and all, but there is no need whatsoever unless Seymour really thinks he needs it (which I doubt). This really seems more like Jordan has a fanclub than we need a new CM and Jordan would be a great option.

anak

VIP
apcizzle is virtually inactive as a member of this forum, and literally inactive as community manager. CM isn't a privilege, it's a responsibility. That means that A) there is no 'fanclub,' as a fanclub would vouch for a higher level of privilege, rather than a higher level of responsibility, and B) Apc's inability to fulfill his responsibility (which he brought upon himself by investing so much time in T:A etc) is grounds for replacement.

tl;dr Apc doesn't do anything, jordan new cm plz (if he wants), Dacil you just draw stuff be quiet.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
But why do we need two highly active CM's? That's my point. Removal of Apc wasn't said nor implied in the OP and is a side-topic. If you want to focus on removing him, do that and then propose that there be a replacement that is more deserving. I'm wording this poorly, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

If we had a community of say, tens of thousands, I wouldn't mind adding another and I agree that Jordan would be good at it. I just don't see the need here and as was said earlier, all that would really change is the color of his name.

anak

VIP
seymour is more of a stalwart of justice, reason, and hairy cuddles than a community manager. CM's supposed to both manage the communtiy AND create activities that keep the community happy and connected. removal of APC was implicated when you talked about having 3 community managers. Seymour is doing great at managing, but he lacks the youthful vigor (in body, not mind) that's needed to keep a community on their toes. Jordan is still a sprightly young wheatgrass who is constantly interacting on ts3 and loves making people happy.blowjobs

so i ask you, volt_cruelerz, in the language of my people: por que no los dos?

Status
Not open for further replies.