January 2012 Content Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'm really pissed that you guys gave the most useless weapon in Legions the coolest model...

Also with the new update, do you still have to enter those two commands into your console to make your server visible?

And can you please make it so that you can see Prometheus' face, not so he's hovering 1000 meters above you, but staring at you?
I'm still kind of hoping that the thing would get a DoT, but that's just me ;)

Unless something changed that I don't know about. You really should be able to do this from the admin panel.

Royalty

The Aussie
I'm still kind of hoping that the thing would get a DoT, but that's just me ;)

Unless something changed that I don't know about. You really should be able to do this from the admin panel.
You could get the server visible when using THEDISASTER's Admin Panel...

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
This is some cool stuff. I'm really looking forward to messing around with the warp core for chase-sniping and such.

Even if I had 6 months more experience with the warp than JickerJacker, it would still be hard. Thing is, the warp scars need to be bigger. To ask us go in the same direction and copy the exact same moves as cappers is just ridiculous and maybe ONLY, ONLY Envy can copy the majority of the cappers' moves. This is a 3-dimensional game and going into a cappers' portal that has a limited time and is quite small is just insane. Most chasers use the intercept style which is where you cutoff the capper, the only thing the capper needs to do is warp and leave us suspending in the air. There is now a HUGE gap between the amount of skill required to cap and chase in the Public Test server.
Think of getting through the warp scar like catching a thrown flag. Almost anybody can do it, and with the effects that the warp core has you can hit the warp scar at any speed. You will get to the same speed as the capper you just followed, so you as long as you can get into the scar, you won't be too far behind, and you'll have (if you're following an experienced capper) massive amounts of speed at your disposal.

I might be wrong, but it seems like the developers pushed out this content update to beta partially because they wanted community input, and partially because we were clamoring for new stuff. I am horrified to think of the coding that had to be done for some of this new stuff, and the blaster really looks great, so I think the development and testing team deserve a massive amount of respect and thanks for coming up with this awesome stuff. I can't wait to see how the tactics of legions will change with the warp core and regen core in the game. This is truly great work, and I personally am excited for the new stuff that will be coming up.

Also, it was really funny this afternoon watching BugsPray trying to capture the flag as Prometheus, and he was stuck under the flagstand on Fallout.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
I'm really pissed that you guys gave the most useless weapon in Legions the coolest model...

blaster actually is now almost equivalent to rockets now with the new tweaks... and this is so because yes they wanted people to enjoy the coolest weapon:D

57thEnryu

Yah, but I don't like the new mortar, it essentially makes it useless. Hell, even the chase mortars don't do anything (hit a guy with %98 hp with one, he left with %94. WTH)

lil_maniac

Nearly had a PUG testing these yesterday.. NEARLY xD Was a shame that everyone bailed but yeh I'm loving the new stuff. App and St3lth said that you guys are still fixing things so I'm looking forward to seeing these go live ^_^

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I might be wrong, but it seems like the developers pushed out this content update to beta partially because they wanted community input, and partially because we were clamoring for new stuff. I am horrified to think of the coding that had to be done for some of this new stuff, and the blaster really looks great, so I think the development and testing team deserve a massive amount of respect and thanks for coming up with this awesome stuff. I can't wait to see how the tactics of legions will change with the warp core and regen core in the game. This is truly great work, and I personally am excited for the new stuff that will be coming up.
Well said there! I believe myself that it is the amount of nagging that has been going on throughout the last couple of months that has led to the dev team releasing this patch. I personally think the wait has been well worth it, its high time that some community members showed a little appreciation.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

Yah, but I don't like the new mortar, it essentially makes it useless. Hell, even the chase mortars don't do anything (hit a guy with %98 hp with one, he left with %94. WTH)
...CLUSTERS instead like in olden times before the mortar?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I personally like the new mortar, the damage output is still impressive, but shots need to be more accurate now. I noticed that when playing against skilled heavies, there's more rocket use versus mortar spam ad nauseum. Sad thing is, I never realized how reliant I had become on splashy mortar damage until the update. :-/

Shame that its too similar now, would love to see decreased damage and volt's DoT version of the weapon.

Yar, agree with this. It feels like a an even closer cousin to the rocket launcher now and I'm totally in love with Volt's status/DoT versions of the blaster and skybolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.