Inventory Stations

Last thread on this was back in Nov, so I thought I'd make a new one for discussion, after the recent information releases on upcoming features.

On Overlive there was a bit of talk about how it could be balanced in that it adds to the gameplay rather than detracts from it.

The main issue as far as I could see is that it might slow down gameplay too much on small maps (in particular).
One of the things mentioned as a fix was to have it differ depending on the map. I.e. that on the small maps you'd spawn as it is now with your selected loadout, but on large maps you'd spawn with only a default loadout and would have to go to an invo to recieve your selected loadout.

Personally, I think that would work, but it could be done better.
I had an idea that I thought might work, which is that you spawn with your selected loadout (i.e. with the right weapons and class, although I'm not sure if you would spawn with your core or not, tempting to say no, to prevent cappers from happily ignoring invo's), but have a greatly reduced ammo (say 5 or so rockets as an example). I thought about reduced health (say 2/3) as well, but I'm not sure if that would be too much of a disadvantage.

The reason I say this, is because it means that, in emergencies you can run out and still perform your role, but not be able to keep doing it for long. Say you're the HOF. An LO kills you a little early, and you notice there's an incoming capper. You can still do your job to block that one capper if you rush to it, but it's not sustainable.

I'm not sure about the reduced health part because if you don't have it, then a class like a capper could mostly ignore it, and just run off with less ammo, since you don't fire your weapon as often.
On the other hand, if players spawn with only 2/3 health, then they're sitting ducks for an LO.

What are other people's opinions on this?

PS. I am aware that this is something the dev's are discussing and will need testing, not just written ideas, but I'm sure that this won't hurt matters, it might just let someone come up with a solve-all eureka idea that will make things easier for them.