Incorporate Modern Warfare Tactics

mrcrowley

Troop advancement and conquering/seizing key strategic areas, from a military standpoint is how you win the game. Now, imagine "pillboxes" spread out randomly across the map. To control such areas would be advantageous to launch assaults on the enemy base, ( A perfect example would be the desperate fight for control of Midway Island in World War 2. These areas would also attract seperate battlefronts other than the flag areas, which could have the potential of increasing the chaos factor tenfold. Maybe they could be camoflauged from one direction hiding troop numbers, or possibly even have a high powered cannon, like the rebels had on Hoth. Yes.... a few pillboxes here and there would definately increase the action and the tactical points of an already awesome game.

Defender

This would most likely happen as a game mode...
The developers of Legions have a lot of work to do just to try and get this game updated the best they can..

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, you can't simply merge the ideals behind MW and L:O. As one is focused on movement only when necessary and the other is movement whenever possible. One is focused around TDM, the other CTF. One is cover-based, the other agility-based. They are two very different games. Yes, you have a gun in both, but similarities pretty much stop there. FPS and FPS+Z play very differently.

That said, capture points and assets are coming.

mrcrowley

Thanks for the consideration. Just a suggestion. As is, Legions is by far the best game I've come across so far.

Crisis12096

btw, how did u come across this game? sorry for going off topic:p

If you search hard enough you can find pretty much anything. It's possible he was terribly bored of most of the games he has played and wanted something new, something that's not pretty much the same game just with a different name. It's possible he wanted to see some videos and looked up something like free online games that are awesome on youtube and this came up. It's possible [insert crazy suggestion here], who knows?

mrcrowley

I found Legions @ FreewareFiles.com. It's listed under Games/First person shooters, on page 2. You guys should check this site out, there are literally hundreds of listings for free games & software, and the site proudly states that any posted downloads have been subjected to between 30-40 seperate anti-virus engines, and if they don't come up 100% clean, they don't get posted. I've downloaded dozens of programs over the last year or so from this site, and always run a complete system scan after any downloads. I can honestly say, I've never got anything from FreewareFiles.com with any malicious content; It's the cleanest site I know of.

k e v i n

Private Tester
I found Legions @ FreewareFiles.com. It's listed under Games/First person shooters, on page 2. You guys should check this site out, there are literally hundreds of listings for free games & software, and the site proudly states that any posted downloads have been subjected to between 30-40 seperate anti-virus engines, and if they don't come up 100% clean, they don't get posted. I've downloaded dozens of programs over the last year or so from this site, and always run a complete system scan after any downloads. I can honestly say, I've never got anything from FreewareFiles.com with any malicious content; It's the cleanest site I know of.
yea i've posted about freewarefiles before, and i also have it's first review....it's great to see that the site seems to be working for some advertising http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/not-much-advertising-but-its-a-start.4190/