Improvements to Rabbit

Xtreme

shaska's bff
fireblasto has it right except map restrictions, it shouldn't matter what map you play rabbit on... and also would be nice if rabbit servers had a limit of 12 or even 10 players

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
fireblasto has it right except map restrictions, it shouldn't matter what map you play rabbit on... and also would be nice if rabbit servers had a limit of 12 or even 10 players

Yeah the map restrictions seem silly now. Still, I wouldn't recommended playing bumpier maps like gorge or stygain, and again I think 12-14 is the optimal size for a rabbit game, but perhaps that will be too small for some of the larger maps too though.

Edited first post for clarity.

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
Yeah the map restrictions seem silly now. Still, I wouldn't recommended playing bumpier maps like gorge or stygain, and again I think 12-14 is the optimal size for a rabbit game, but perhaps that will be too small for some of the larger maps too though.

The larger maps in the game are more smooth and have bigger hills to allow for people to actually rabbit and chase a little. While the smaller maps the flag tends to repeatably get stuck in the same dead spot (like the valley of frostbyte or middle structure in nivo). Just how there are just certain maps that are better for CTF or DM it is the same for rabbit. Yea, u are able to rabbit on any map but that doesnt speak on the quality of game play on one map compared to others. Through my experience the more open space and smoother terrain make large maps better for rabbit.

I do agree though a limit should be placed on the amount of people in one game I think 12 should be the max, im sure anyone would be in enough trouble with 11 people trying to take you down lol.

Jedired1

mabey we can keep sniper class but instead of dealing damage it slows down players speed ? also
- increase reload time
- and keep how much is slows down by how close u are to the person

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Just ban sniper and don't mess around what a 'laser rifle' in legions is, rabbit is rabbit. You chase. Not camp.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Sniper needs balance changes soon. In fact, most weapons need an overhaul one way or another, been meaning to write up a post about my ideas and gather the communities opinion on them for the dev's.