Huge Update Around the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered a question that was answered based on the old engine, so when player1 with a high speed is blocked by player2, is player2 gonna take damage, get knocked back or something or is he not?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I just remembered a question that was answered based on the old engine, so when player1 with a high speed is blocked by player2, is player2 gonna take damage, get knocked back or something or is he not?

This is actually a good point! Are we going to have proper collisions now based on the new engine?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm thinking longer term though, what kind of improvements are we going to see based on the new engine i.e. collisions?

Defender

1# Any chance on getting the sound system fixed at some point?
Reference Distance for sounds is not working right in my test.

2# Please add loading message for server admins, So links and info can be displayed to players the second they connect to the server..

3# Please, release an updated map editor, with more texture options for terrains. the 4 texture limit is not to great for mapping. Legends the game allows 12..

Thanks for making a new patch..;)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
3# Please, release an updated map editor, with more texture options for terrains. the 4 texture limit is not to great for mapping. Legends the game allows 12..

texture limit is an engine limitation, nothing can be done about it short of an engine change... oh look!

3lionz

Legions Developer
Few more questions...
How are you going to provide enough servers for the influx of players?
Are you going to do a promotional item(s) for tf2 or similar? That would be pretty damn awesome. *haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat*
Every game on steam has some sort of income, be it from items in game, boosters or just buying the game outright. However, I doubt having to buy the game is your pricing plan. What is your plan in terms of supporting legions financially?

Triad

Legions Developer
We do not discuss updates until their release is imminent. Feel free to talk about the content coming to this version of legions soon! In the coming weeks Bugs will have a blog post for you with what details we have to share about future plans for legions.

Defender

texture limit is an engine limitation, nothing can be done about it short of an engine change... oh look!
Lots of free fixs or updates for the Torque engine have been posted in development resource forums.
The engine would not need to be replaced.
Its propbaly just copy and pasting the updated code to the engine.
Support for more than four textures per terrain should be a feature included in the TGA engine thats for sale.. Tribes2, limited it to 4 textures, 10 years ago..:rolleyes:
If they are going to switch to T3D later on, no need to ask for more texture support, it will be included in the new engine.;)

I

IzRaPiDz

Would it be possible if you could bring back viewing your feet in-game? It makes the game feel a lot better.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Would it be possible if you could bring back viewing your feet in-game? It makes the game feel a lot better.

I can take a look at bringing that option back. It was taken out originally because the mesh indices for what to show/hide in first person change every time the characters get exported.

k e v i n

Private Tester
I can take a look at bringing that option back. It was taken out originally because the mesh indices for what to show/hide in first person change every time the characters get exported.
or maybe make it an in game option? that way we can choose to have it or not...:)

I

IzRaPiDz

Get in!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Looking towards the observer controls, I presume these will be hotkeyed? Also please check out what firefall is doing with the observer mode, it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.