Hotswapping With Cluster

Frez

very few people knows this bug, plus, it's hard to use and it requires skills, so it's not "abuse".

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
very few people knows this bug, plus, it's hard to use and it requires skills, so it's not "abuse".

Oh yeah, because something 'requires' skills, it isn't broken then? I see it regularly used against me, it really is not hard to spot, especially when I have the weapon reload times deadon. Not going to name names, but it really is annoying that people need to rely on a glitch to make themselves play better.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I think unwise to compare 'movement' glitches to 'weapon' glitches, as the weapon glitches mess with the intended weapon balance of the game.

Skutki

when i'll see someone at an obvious advantage because of hotswap and not their skill then i'll agree about it being removed, but so far every hotswapping player has been impaired in aiming or movement while doing it. honestly without it cluster would be used even less than skybolt or plasma.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
[...]cluster would be used even less than skybolt or plasma.

Cluster projectile is still op anyway. It's doesn't have the bounce the normal grenade does and actually deals 5% more damage on a direct hit than the normal grenade.

Skutki

Cluster projectile is still op anyway. It's doesn't have the bounce the normal grenade does and actually deals 5% more damage on a direct hit than the normal grenade.
the rate of fire is way slower than grenades + its parabola is steeper meaning the range is shorter and its harder to midair with. bounce or no bounce makes no difference, there's use for both states, and 5% damage doesn't compensate for the fire rate and range. and the active feature that makes cluster... cluster: its hardly better than landing a normal cluster nade hit.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
the rate of fire is way slower than grenades + its parabola is steeper meaning the range is shorter and its harder to midair with. bounce or no bounce makes no difference, there's use for both states, and 5% damage doesn't compensate for the fire rate and range. and the active feature that makes cluster... cluster: its hardly better than landing a normal cluster nade hit.

5% makes a big enough difference when you're playing outrider because then it'd take even less chain to frag you. I personally find the cluster nade arc easier to hit, and you really shouldn't be trying to mid air with it anyway, that's not it's purpose.

when i'll see someone at an obvious advantage because of hotswap and not their skill then i'll agree about it being removed, but so far every hotswapping player has been impaired in aiming or movement while doing it. honestly without it cluster would be used even less than skybolt or plasma.
Thank me for Plasma and hopefully Blaster next.

Skutki

5% makes a big enough difference when you're playing outrider because then it'd take even less chain to frag you. I personally find the cluster nade arc easier to hit, and you really shouldn't be trying to mid air with it anyway, that's not it's purpose.
5% when compared to the fire rate that grenade launcher can put out doesn't make any difference considering the extra fire rate could allow for 2 hits instead of one when ground pounding.
the grenade nade arc is more of a straight line so it doesn't matter what you find easier to hit with, grenade is easier by definition.

stop trying to defy the presumptions of my argument and agree that you cant hotswap effectively, thats why you're so sore about the whole idea.

P.S: no i will not IRC :D

Xtreme

shaska's bff
In t1 cg was most used weapon even though it killed light class with 7 bullets (!!!) I'm not sure it's a glitch after all because I can do it and I'm not using number keys for switching weapons. I prefer cluster only because speed and arc feel more natural for me. I don't think it's imbalanced.. Maybe you are just angry with solid ^^

when you're playing outrider

There is your problem

5% when compared to the fire rate that grenade launcher can put out doesn't make any difference considering the extra fire rate could allow for 2 hits instead of one when ground pounding.
the grenade nade arc is more of a straight line so it doesn't matter what you find easier to hit with, grenade is easier by definition.

stop trying to defy the presumptions of my argument and agree that you cant hotswap effectively, thats why you're so sore about the whole idea.

P.S: no i will not IRC :D
Probably the funniest thing I've seen on these forums.
This is like saying a Pathfinder without Quickdraw can beat a Pathfinder with Quickdraw.

Skutki

Probably the funniest thing I've seen on these forums.
This is like saying a Pathfinder without Quickdraw can beat a Pathfinder with Quickdraw.
Whats more funny is that youre talking TA and most likely not following where the argument is heading (or you just dont get what i wrote; regardless you jumped straight into offensive like the cocky kid you seem to be on this forum)