Rabbit=Kick/Ban?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

Sin

Private Tester
I'm getting really tired of trolls who just rabbit the whole game. It's starting to make legions not fun.
Seriously.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Sorry, we can't ban an (admittedly obnoxious) way of playing the game. It, like osniping, is not intrinsically a form of griefing and can't be banned outright. Rabbiting while the flag is at home is, on the other hand, griefing and a kickable/bannable offense.

Doesn't mean it's not to be frowned upon, but hopefully you understand why we can't just ban this behaviour on our servers.

Sin

Private Tester
Pickups aren't running 24/7 Piggy.
@ Mabel, Eh, I see your point. I still just hate it -.-

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I rabbit occasionally on public games cause the team is awful and there are like 5 bad guys hanging out at the base that's a valid reason for doing so.

Rabbiting (At least when used by me) has proven to a valuable tactic in Public games, Just kick/ban is not an option, as I can rack up 1 or 2 caps by doing so. For obvious reasons (and because its not needed) I don't rabbit in pickup games.

Rabbiting, along with O sniping, is again being branded as a stupid and newbie thing, and thus you get haters complaining to you in game. They are usually not valid tactics, but in certain circumstances they are and should not be put down as stupid and idiotic. I agree that the people mainly using them are not well-versed in CTF tactics (or general game-play in fact) Bu as I said ^, they can be used sometimes.

Redvan

Private Tester
if you hate it, learn to counter it. Not only does it make you a better player, but you can be an hero to everyone else in the server too :)

yami

Private Tester
maybe when we get more than a couple hundred players we can think about kick bans

DOS4/GW

This may seem a bit extreme, but what do you guys think about a flag carrying time limit? Maybe around 2-3 minutes? In addition to discouraging rabbiting, this might give pub games a bigger emphasis on teamwork, as passing the flag would become a necessity. EDIT: Oh, and maybe the time limit could be made relative to the armor type? OR = 2, Raider = 4, Heavy = infinite?

I'll admit, it would seem like just an arbitrary rule, and it would be difficult to justify past facilitating better gameplay. Perhaps the flag has a nuclear core that overheats and explodes if held too long by a single person.

....because their suit has an integrated nuclear coolant system....or something.

Disci

Old man
Let's change CTF to CTK. Capture the Kitten. Those damn bastards always slitter away from your grasp no matter how much try to hold them. Ofcos Outriders are weaker to hold one while Raider can hold it much longer and Sentinels are dedicated kitten holders and due the years of practise they have mastered a way to hold one infinitely!

stefygraff

Private Tester
I'm getting really tired of trolls who just rabbit the whole game. It's starting to make legions not fun.
Seriously.

it happens rare actually, if you always play in PUB's with rabbits, than you are very unlucky! give newbloods time, you llamad and rabbited when you first started playing the game, but you got the hand of it ^.^

DOS4/GW

Let's change CTF to CTK. Capture the Kitten. Those damn bastards always slitter away from your grasp no matter how much try to hold them. Ofcos Outriders are weaker to hold one while Raider can hold it much longer and Sentinels are dedicated kitten holders and due the years of practise they have mastered a way to hold one infinitely!

I don't know. Falg behavior like this may be difficult to code.