Hit marker

xlr8434

So you know when you hit some one you reticle changes color to red well I changed my reticles to Red and i don't know how to change it so when I hit someone the color changes to something else other then red any help devs?

Dino

If you open up your reticle picture there should be the hit reticle you just needs to overlay that colour with the new colour you want it to be when you hit someone.

Belberith

Legions Developer
If you open up your reticle picture there should be the hit reticle you just needs to overlay that colour with the new colour you want it to be when you hit someone.
No, that file only stores the default picture of the reticle.
When you hit someone, the colour is changed with an overlay in the engine, the colour of which can be changed in the scripts. In client/gui/guis/gameHud.gui, look for a line that says:
hitFeedbackColor = "255 0 0 255";
If you don't know how this is interpreted, the format is "Red Green Blue Alpha" where Alpha is basically the opposite of transparency, and 255 is the maximum for all four values.

xlr8434

So I changed it to blue of I make the number greater then 255 will it still work? The blue doesn't really show as much as I want it to