Help..

OBLIVION

I need to know something a friend was typing these codes into Notepad ++ and he was putting them all in the right order/form..etc,

but he comes accross this section(shown in screenshots)that says once we put your mouse over the arrow the color will change, nothing like that happens, but it also says once he clicks the arrow it should direct you to another page.

Screenshot of code that was written.
one-1.PNG <<< continues from. two-2.PNG

After all that he goes to the webpage, and there's the arrow, as I said before nothing happens when he puts his mouse over it, but when he click it.. that message pops up...
three.PNG
four.PNG

I know these are out-right retarted/stupid/idiotic questions to be asking but is there something wrong with the code? or Is it from the book that my friend has? (Ive done this myself and gone over this thing like 4 times and I cant seem to find anything thats wrong with it, everything is in the correct place,files,pictures, everything )

I figured since you guys know more about this I was hoping you can chime in and help him out..(he's doing it for a hw for his class so I was wondering if you guys or if anyone that's familiar with HTML can go ahead and see if theres anything wrong with it...)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Remove the "document." bits?

Edit: Meh. What do I know. Never done javascript. Works either way though.

Last edited:

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Probably would help if we got the directory listing as well.

EDIT: Is webpage.html INSIDE your js folder?
EDIT2: To go back up directories you use ../webpage.html

Last edited:

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Ignore Rockey, leave the "document." bits in and just correct these errors:
Line 12:
blueArrow.src = "blueArrow.gif';
should be
blueArrow.src = "blueArrow.gif";

Line 33:
<a href="webpage.html" onMouseOut="turnBlue" onMouseOver="turnRed">
should be
<a href="webpage.html" onMouseOut="turnBlue()" onMouseOver="turnRed()">

Last edited:

OBLIVION

Ignore Rockey, leave the "document." bits in and just correct these errors:
Line 12:
blueArrow.src = "blueArrow.gif';
should be
blueArrow.src = "blueArrow.gif";

Line 33:
<a href="webpage.html" onMouseOut="turnBlue" onMouseOver="turnRed">
should be
<a href="webpage.html" onMouseOut="turnBlue()" onMouseOver="turnRed()">

Thank you sir. It worked :) now all I gotta do is link that and the red arrow thats supposed to appear when you clikc next page