Help luiscm97 choose a new laptop! Thread

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Hey everybody, let's help luiscm97 find a new laptop!

hey ill get a neww laptop for christmas any suggestions try it to be less than1500 i dont want anything so expensive but neither shitty i want something cheap but really fast

*Something happened to his post when I tried to move it into a new thread. :-/

D

Doom Of Neroflame

HP G56-106SA Laptop
bought one last week :D realllllyyy good....:D:D im very pleased with it

theGOAT

My Suggestion - get the cheapest laptop you can find, and get a good desktop.
theres some laptops better than deskopts and you can get them for cheaper with the same quality and performance, plus some of the already come with webcam microphone, fingerprint reader, between other stuff

luiscm97

thanks guys i think ill geet a cz-11 ultra http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion_101_CZ-11_Ultra_2_Gaming_Laptop
Case
Battalion 101 CZ-11 Ultra 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Widescreen LCD TFT Laptop w/Fingerprint Reader, Li-Ion Battery, Universal AC Power Adapter - Original Metallic black

Intel® Core™ i7-740QM Mobile Processor (4x 1.73GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

8GB [4GB x 2] 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM [Laptop Memory] Corsair or Major Brand

Mobility GDDR3 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5650 PCI-Express 3D Video [CZ-11 Ultra]

500 GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive

8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 16x CD-R/RW Combo Drive [CZ-11 Ultra]

Built-in 3-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer [Laptop]

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN [Laptop]

Standard 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

Built-in 4x USB 2.0 Ports [Laptop]

Free Deluxe Carrying Case

None

Built-in 2.0 Mega Pixels Digital Web Video Camera

the greenthing are the one3s i custumixed and it was cheap tell me if it is a good choice please tell me quick beacause im thinking about ordering onfriday

Pure4Pwnge

Just saying, that case is pretty bad with loads of flex. Also has the "ctrl" and "fn" keys switched so other games other than Legions may be hard to play. Otherwise fine.

~pure

Siper

Private Tester
theres some laptops better than deskopts and you can get them for cheaper with the same quality and performance, plus some of the already come with webcam microphone, fingerprint reader, between other stuff

You can't really find laptops for cheaper and better quality and performance than a desktop... not to mention if some hardware in your laptop fails, itll cost you a lot to replace... Desktops are much cheaper, and you can easily upgrade ( graphic card, memory ram, hardrives, even cpu) so they will last you much longer! and laptops tend to overheat more than desktops :p.

Also, desktops you can buy each part individually, building your own desktop is fun, and you save money.

Anyway, the laptop that was posted, does seem like a good deal

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I would say a macbook pro but would probably be bombarded by "you can't fricken play leejunz on that! (only without bootcamp muppets)" and "those are super expensive"

they are good laptops though and are really well made :D (aluminium lasts way longer than plastic when beating people over the head with it)

they are more work laptops than gaming but the addition of steam for mac, ect is slowly changing that.

57thRomance

Lol I love their catch phrase :)
I would say a macbook pro but would probably be bombarded by "you can't fricken play leejunz on that! (only without bootcamp muppets)" and "those are super expensive"

they are good laptops though and are really well made :D (aluminium lasts way longer than plastic when beating people over the head with it)

they are more work laptops than gaming but the addition of steam for mac, ect is slowly changing that.
This is an option to consider. I do agree that macs have started to join in the gaming community much more, even with the Mac OS X by itself. However, with Bootcamp and Windows 7, you can have two OSes on one machine, making your computer a lot more flexible. You'll have the gaming power of a PC and the high-tech simplicity and enjoyment of a Mac. I have an iMac, but I'm too cheap to spend $100+ on another OS - along with the 2 gigs of RAM I've wanted to buy - so I just use Crossover Games. Not the best solution, but it'll boot up Legions just fine so I stick with it.