Headset Help?

Sin

Private Tester
I recently bought a Turtle Beach z6a headset. I opened it up this morning, read the PC Setup instructions, and then I tried to follow them. The z6a uses a USB, and 4 analog connectors. The 4 analog are normally colored as to my knowledge, pink, green, black, and orange. They are also labeled, pink is MIC, green is FRONT, black is REAR, and orange is C/S. My computer's sound jacks are colored green, pink, blue, and a grey color. I decided to give it a run, so I plugged green into green, pink into pink, orange into blue, and black into the greyish color. Realtek HD Audio Manager then popped up as I plugged in each one. The instruction guide said to set the sound card for 5.1 channel output. The audio manager included the option under Speaker Configuration. The options are Stereo, Quadraphonic, 5.1 Speaker, and 7.1 Speaker. The instructions also say to refer to my sound card documentation for instructions on setting up outputs for 5.1 audio to properly drive the headphone speakers. My laptop, as to my knowledge, came with no sound card info. After I did all of this, AKA plugging things in where I thought they went, and setting it to 5.1, the headset did not sound good, and the microphone didn't sound like it was plugged in. Halp? :(

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
if you set this out in paragraphs, it would genuinely be easier to help :)

what is your computer model?