Hand Grenade Update on Public Test Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battelstar

In my opinion combos should be removed from ctf in general, but only ctf. In deathmatchs, hunter, rabbit etc. it should work, but for ctf it doesn't.

Redvan

Private Tester
I really could care less if they take nades away from people holding the flag or not...

I just want the splash to be less and the hitbox to be smaller so combo's aren't so crutch.

Fixious

Test Lead
I really could care less if they take nades away from people holding the flag or not...

I just want the splash to be less and the hitbox to be smaller so combo's aren't so crutch.
Agreed on the hitbox. But you really think the splash damage is too big?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I really could care less if they take nades away from people holding the flag or not... [...]
So it's important to you?

Also, reading some of the posts above, I have the feeling that this needs to be said:

ATTENTION! Game development (especially when it comes to gameplay/-design) is not a democratic process. Be aware of that fact and continue to provide constructive feedback (which of course will contain your personal opinion), but stop the useless bickering. Ultimately, decisions are out of your (our) hands, and this game would never improve if it would rely on polls. Now go on.

Redvan

Private Tester
Agreed on the hitbox. But you really think the splash damage is too big?

yeah, when you consider how easy combos are vs how much damage and at what aoe they have, it's pretty ridiculous. I notice many people that just combo combo combo combo because of its relative ease vs MAs + effectiveness.

A decreased hitbox and aoe/dmg values would make combo'ing more of a finesse procedure than it is now, rather than the crutch splash spam it currently is.

The7thFlame

"why not just make it impossible to use the hand nade with the flag if you're below a certain speed. That way llama's won't be able to instantly use hand nade when they take the flag."​

The problem here is that you can't just choose a speed because when you are dueling/defending yourself you are only moving so fast. The only time your idea would work is if the flag carrier is rabbiting or is on his way back to base moving quickly. Once there though he slows down and either waits, or needs to defend himself ---> he is no longer moving fast enough by your idea to use nades again. Also according to your option if the flag carrier comes in fast enough out of llama grab status, he could then drop and nade jump out... which doesn't help what people are complaining about.​

So the fix is to create a short delay 5-10 seconds that will go away while the flag carrier locks the flag to his armor. 5-10 seconds on a lama grab is basically instant death. If you are not dead within that time you deserve to nade jump out... but most llamas will rocket jump and be halfway home before nades are active. If this is implemented it becomes a rocket jump instead of a nade jump.​

Otherwise what will happen is that chasers will still be able to nade boost, hofs nade boost and od, and all of them can rocket/nade incoming cappers.​

The people who try to grab will then be forced to run routes... and forcing people to run routes to be able to get out safely reduces the overall enjoyment of free movement and free choices.​

As it stands the way the game is currently played people don't want to have to adjust thier play style to worry about LO's stepping in and nade boosting out.​

They want to live in the fantasy land of HOF on flag, 1-2 defenders and thats it... They want to force people to run routes so that in a rock paper scissors like fasion they can then...​

1. Spam flag with nades/rocket/hand nades while the HOF uses OD boost to block you.​

2. If you manage to get through this line of defense you then have to have enough exit speed to not be killed quickly.​

3. Here defense will still try to nade/rocket you, chain, ma etc... basically through everything at you. If you exit well enough you are on your way out.​

4. Chasers rocket/nade jump, snipers are taking aim... etc...​

This is pretty standard and you have LO in there trying to distract or e-grab.. etc.​

But what sucks.. is that people are not willing to change this style of play because they don't want to have to relearn or rethink strategy. People want to know that a HOF sits there... and that chasers do X, Y, Z. ....​

Nades introduced a fun element to the game, but people who are no longer scoring as many points, or able to kill as quickly, don't like the changes. In fact some people get to score points now... bad idea. How dare some people score points on nade jumps. I am super good and they suck... and they get to score points. The game must be broken. I should go complain to the devs rather then learn new strategies or new tactics.

Nades leveled the playing field a bit for some people and caused others a lot of heart ache.... What once was a finely tuned rock paper scissor game feels like it has run amuck.​

Others - See the introduction of nades and all of the corresponding abilities as a new string on an instrument to create new music, new rhythms, new chords.​

But while some people like new music, others do not. While some people enjoy moving to the new flow of the game, others feel at a loss and no longer empowered. What they once knew is changed, and all they know is the bitter taste of new music, when they want thier Blues.​

So in fear they ask and complain to remove the new instrument, to rewrite some of the music, so it sounds like a version of Blues they can enjoy.​

But those left in the band who have lost thier new music feel that the game will never evolve because the people who like Blues happen to write the music. The band members who like other types of music, are forced to play to the tune of the music writers and play Blues while they dream of the days when they played Jazz.​

you really made lots of people's point and mine too

Q:why do people get annoyed when they gets killed by a frag nade??
A:because they suck at it :p

and the time between the flag llama and the grenade throw I was just gonna post it :)
and maybe 5-6 seconds are enough for it, 10 seconds are too much and he definitely will die
except when i defend i'll just make a combo spam and eventually he will die :p

I have to say it is annoying when trying to kill people with flashy nade comboes when I have flag and noticed I cant toss.... but other than that I like the change. If llama is the reason tho and not the grenade launching of the flag at 2x the distance you should be able to toss.... then add a speed requierment to grab flag, lets say 50 and faster. It would make clutch grabs a hell of a lot harder, but pub games would see almost instant less annoying improvment imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.