Graphics error

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

Well, let me know if someone else happens, this misconception that everything is on the floor are black and blue square, is very disturbing that matter, being good at bases in the top example nivosus base, while above is normal but touching the ground, empiesa to distort everything with black squares ..

good saying :confused:

Attachments

• error grafic.JPG
    error grafic.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 57

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Looks like one of the textures isn't getting lit for some reason, although the jaggies feel like Z-fighting. If I'm understanding you right, are you saying this ONLY happens when you're touching the ground? if you're flying or standing on a base (i.e., if you're NOT standing on terrain), does it look normal?

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

Looks like one of the textures isn't getting lit for some reason, although the jaggies feel like Z-fighting. If I'm understanding you right, are you saying this ONLY happens when you're touching the ground? if you're flying or standing on a base (i.e., if you're NOT standing on terrain), does it look normal?

YES , FRIEND SORRY I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH TRANSLATOR USE

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Do not worry about the language barrier. It is okay! Like Fireblasto said, you should update your graphics drivers first. Once your graphics drivers are updated, check again and see if the problem is still there. Then come back here and let us know if it is fixed.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Okay. You need to update the drivers for your graphics card. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but it's a good start, even if it doesn't.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Chances are, your computer has a graphics card that was made by either nVidia (an nVidia GeForce graphics card) or AMD (an ATI Radeon graphics card). Depending on who made your graphic card, you'll want to go to their respective website (nVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php or AMD: http://www.amd.com/Pages/AMDWorldwide.aspx) and find the DRIVERS (usually listed under "Driver Downloads"). Drivers are pieces of software that help your graphics card work properly. Download whichever driver was released most recently for your 3D graphics card. Install it, restart your computer, and try playing Legions again, to see if the issue is still there!

Also, what is your native language? There might be someone on the forums who is bilingual and will be able to explain this all to you in your tongue. =)

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

Chances are, your computer has a graphics card that was made by either nVidia (an nVidia GeForce graphics card) or AMD (an ATI Radeon graphics card). Depending on who made your graphic card, you'll want to go to their respective website (nVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php or AMD: http://www.amd.com/Pages/AMDWorldwide.aspx) and find the DRIVERS (usually listed under "Driver Downloads"). Drivers are pieces of software that help your graphics card work properly. Download whichever driver was released most recently for your 3D graphics card. Install it, restart your computer, and try playing Legions again, to see if the issue is still there!

Also, what is your native language? There might be someone on the forums who is bilingual and will be able to explain this all to you in your tongue. =)

I speak Spanish, I'm from chile, my toy downloading drivers from NVIDIA, NVIDIA already had good on my pc, just click and I gave her came out and click click download drivers, well hopefully it: D

speak, emm I do not think there are people in my speech m capable but very little xD

Sea_Shepherd_Crew

A little off topic here, but, Sea Shepherd Crew, you kicking some whaler ass?

Is that the whalers do not think, do not realize they are exploiting the natural environment are endangered whales and the types are ignored, just think of them, and their well-being, CHINESE *chocolate cookies*!

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Help me with my problem my friend! on my computer works with NVIDIA, and if you saw the images catch in nivosus is terrible I can not play .. good scenery, we all happened to me, which is above all reaching the ground rules but everything is distorted.

Never happened when he played in Instantaction.com
and that q toys legions more than 1 year.

Thanks

Attachments

• nivosus normal.JPG
    nivosus normal.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
  • nivosus error.JPG
    nivosus error.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 6
  • error grafic.JPG
    error grafic.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 4

Gheist

King of all Goblins
He's got them on, as you can see if you have a look at the buildings. I actually remember a similar problem, reported back on the original IA forums. Sadly, those aren't accessible anymore, and I can't recall what caused it or how it was fixed. My best guess would be a driver/hardware problem though, as already suggested.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The error honestly looks like a Z-fighting issue, as though your computer can't figure out how to properly render overlaid textures from certain angles.

I can't check right now because I'm at work, but if there's an option in-game to turn texture or world detail down, try it. If texture overlays are a part of world detail, disabling them may fix the problem.

If there's no option to reduce world detail in-game, Sea Shepherd, try Legions Lite: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/legions-lite.24/. It's a configuration file that reduces the detail of the world. It MIGHT fix the problem.

GodspeedFx

I'm getting the exact same problem.. I'm running an ATI Radeon 9600 card with the latest drivers as well. For some reason, like our non-native english speaker here, it only does it when I am close to the ground (or standing on it). If I fly up, when I reach a certain distance, the ground looks fine.

I tried legions lite as well, and I still get the same problem. I have all graphical options turned off except for lightmap so my buildings aren't black. It also does this same thing in windowed mode. Any other ideas?