Game Problems in Windows 7 / High Performance Laptop

Tom

My brother wanted me to play this with him. Never heard of it, but figured I'd give you a bug report for the problems that make it bad for me.

First the system specs:
Alienware M15x with HD screen, quadcore (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU x920 @2.00GHz 2.00GHz)
8 Gb Ram, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

At first I could change weapons. But only for a short while. The number buttons wouldn't change it and neither would mouse scrolling.

The game would freeze at various points. I could still use ESC and what not, so I don't know why I couldn't move. I had a decent ping (70) and if I had to guess, it would seem like lag, but I shouldn't have had any latency. This almost always happened at critical movement points such as running with the flag. Meaning I could be sending a lot of movement data?

I will try again later and see if experience changes.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Props for trying to help out despite being new to the game, bud. It helps the devs out a lot.

The freezing issues you're describing are indeed latency problems; there's a known issue with lag spikes that, to my knowledge, the devs are trying to resolve. It tends to happen independent of ping, and it's not just you -- those spikes affect everybody in the server as long as they last.

As for the weapon changing issue, that's one I've never heard of. I'm pretty sure, however, that once you run out of ammunition on a weapon, you're no longer able to switch to it. It's possible you simply used up your ammo on one or two of your weapons, didn't die or refill at an ammo station, and thus lost access to those weapons.

Tom

I died several times and was still not able to change weapons. My brother and I both are on the same server and I am the only one experiencing the latency. We're both also on the same connection. I restarted the game and the weapon change issue went away. It may also have had something to do with switching between full screen and windowed mode.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Most interesting... thanks for the report, bud. If it happens again, I'm sure the devs would appreciate it if you could attack your console.log file (it's in the Live directory). They might be able to glean something out of it.

Tom

So.... the forum doesn't allow me to upload "console.log". (It's not an accepted filetype...) But I tried playing again and it still lagged and this time, I lost my crosshair.... I renamed the file so I could upload it.

Attachments

• console.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 5