Game Crash (Loading Map While Minimized)

Game was loading new map while minimised and crashed.
I'd minimised just as the game went into the lobby loading screen (the map loading screen to be precise) and had switched to firefox, and it sat there for a few seconds, then crashed.

Attachments

• console.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 8
Update: I was just loading up the game and I accidentally did a repeat, except this time I just minimised it to set up my teamspeak.
The moment I minimised, I got the "has stopped working" error.

Attachments

• console (2).zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 2

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Aaand crash on mission load without being minimized or tabbed out.

Attachments

• console.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 4

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Code:
[...]
Mapping string: MissionEnd to index: 27
Win32Window: appEvent LoseFocus
Mapping string: MsgPracticeStart to index: 20
Mapping string: StartMissionDownload to index: 2
GFXCardProfiler (D3D9) - Unknown capability 'GL::Workaround::X1600LimitClipmapSize'.
Allocating a 512 px clipmap for a 8192px source texture.
   - 4 base clipstack entries, + 1 cap.
   - Using approximately 6.650000MB of texture memory.
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Device lost, waiting to reset...
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Waited for 2032ms but device still lost, aborting wait

Just checking, is there a fix to this yet / is it in the works? I know to avoid it all I have to do is avoid minimising while it's loading a new map, but it still gets somewhat annoying.

Nvidia

Just checking, is there a fix to this yet / is it in the works? I know to avoid it all I have to do is avoid minimising while it's loading a new map, but it still gets somewhat annoying.
I guess it would be updated by the Legions patcher if there is a fix ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Post more logs by the way. It's sad to see that only that few people are actively helping and providing information about this problem which affects so many.

My game crashes most of the time I minimize it (at the loading screen AND in game, more while loading though). I try to no minimize it, bu sometimes I have to and just hope for the best (actually, a lot of times). I'd crash it on purpose right now to post a log if I wasn't at work; I'll definitely get to it tonight.

Ok this was me deliberately trying to crash it by minimising.
I had a slightly different result, in that by minimising the moment the connecting window came up and maximising straight away, it didn't have a problem. However, when I minimised again a second later, it did crash.
This is something that presumably has already been noticed, but the following section seems to always be the same, after an Win32Window: appEvent LoseFocus
GFXCardProfiler (D3D9) - Unknown capability 'GL::Workaround::X1600LimitClipmapSize'.
Allocating a 512 px clipmap for a 8192px source texture.
- 4 base clipstack entries, + 1 cap.
- Using approximately 6.650000MB of texture memory.
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Device lost, waiting to reset...
GFXPCD3D9Device::waitForLostDevice - Waited for 1996ms but device still lost, aborting wait
Edit: just noticed this is what Gheist posted above.

Attachments

• console (5).zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 1
This time I minimised fairly early and just left it minimised. It seemed to keep working for a few seconds, then crashed again.

Btw, do you want more logs from me? Or more specifically more logs from other people.

Attachments

• console (6).zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Have something else to add. It allows me to minimise fine if the game is in windowed mode. The problem only happens when I'm in fullscreen.
Not sure if that helps.