Frag Grenade Discussion Thread

By-Tor

Private Tester
Personally, I don't think it makes sense to be able to shoot a hand grenade with a rocket in close proximity and live through it. I'm talking about the nade-jumping across entire maps and such. Also nade-rocket-suicides that cause the flag to go flying insane distances. I think something has gone way wrong here compared to it's original intent.

Buhlitz

The speed gained per point of damage done is exactly the same as the rocket launcher, meaning that grenade jumps are as effective (or more, due to the fact that you can do it midair and you get a larger amount of speed) as a rocket jump of equivalent damage.

Like I said to rainpilot ingame, nobody has a clue how they're supposed to be used at the moment, they'll need to play with them a while.

At the moment I can only play on like 10 fps or less So I'm not there yet however , after playing with them in pubs on and off I've come to the conclusion that you can do half jumps with the grenades in a way that give you a small boost and take almost no health, I did like three jumps as an OR before dying. Just playing with them for half an hour I could tell there are TONS of ways to use them that I just didn't have the time or frame rate to attempt to practice, but they are far from worthless.

Buhlitz

:(

Yeah well fortunately those occasions are pretty rare. I think you're able to do the boost for chasing just fine, right?

I was trying the other day to shoot the grenade above me, and below me and while it was hard to do consistently at 10 fps I realized it's very possibly to essentially grenade jump in every direction at variable speeds and impacts. Just as you can do 'small' rocket jumps or 'huge' rocket jumps, you can do the same with grens. I haven't found the consistency yet, but the potential is there for sure. I was doing one touch approaches on Zenith, hitting the flag at like 180 with 70% health in OR, I can't wait to get in game and really play with them for sure.

Skepsis

2 Nade jumps from Enemy base on Nivo to your base.
Nades in combat are OP many of us have proved that. Such as Kissy, Floks, Trix, Me and a couple more of People. Once you know how to use Nade's in combat its very hard for the Opponent to dodge. 1 Perfect Nade on Someone could get there health down to 55 or Less. I love using Nade's :p

Disci

Old man
Nades in combat are OP many of us have proved that. Such as Kissy, Floks, Trix, Me and a couple more of People. Once you know how to use Nade's in combat its very hard for the Opponent to dodge. 1 Perfect Nade on Someone could get there health down to 55 or Less. I love using Nade's :p

I don't know. Haven't met anyone that would "break" the game with nades. Everything can be countered if you know how to counter them. Just saying...

Sharp

Private Tester
I was trying the other day to shoot the grenade above me, and below me and while it was hard to do consistently at 10 fps I realized it's very possibly to essentially grenade jump in every direction at variable speeds and impacts. Just as you can do 'small' rocket jumps or 'huge' rocket jumps, you can do the same with grens. I haven't found the consistency yet, but the potential is there for sure. I was doing one touch approaches on Zenith, hitting the flag at like 180 with 70% health in OR, I can't wait to get in game and really play with them for sure.

It's no different shooting in any direction for the grenade. And people still haven't realized that 3 nade jumps is better than 2. Or use them to catch flags.

Skepsis

I don't know. Haven't met anyone that would "break" the game with nades. Everything can be countered if you know how to counter them. Just saying...

Yes you are able to counter them, But You need to know when they are about to be thrown. But the Person throwing the Nade's will probably be able to predict where to throw the Nade atleast somewhere close to you so It can splash you and that's whats going to be difficult in dodging Nade's. Nade's are very effective if you know "How To use them and What To do with them Ingame.

Disci

Old man
Yes you are able to counter them, But You need to know when they are about to be thrown. But the Person throwing the Nade's will probably be able to predict where to throw the Nade atleast somewhere close to you so It can splash you and that's whats going to be difficult in dodging Nade's. Nade's are very effective if you know "How To use them and What To do with them Ingame.

I know what they can do with them. We are playing CTF, not 1on1 here. This is not a great deal really since it doesn't break game. Sniping in other hand may be slightly OP atm. Nothing which I couldn't handle tho. :)

fatboy

I haven't read any of this thread, but my first impressions are the hit box is way too big. Grenade jumps are beyond easy, and take no skill, and because of the large hit box, shooting your own grenade accidentally happens when trying to combo someone with rocket or grenade (GL).

Floks

Combos aren't OP. Just extremely easy to use. I would agree that, for the most part, they are impossible to dodge. It's basically a guaranteed hit. Still, playing only with combos does not guarantee a win. MA beats a combo any day. I think they are a nice addition to dueling, OP or not.

Siantlark

Also for the combo thing they don't automatically give One hit KO!'s like you guys are implying. If you are a Raider you can take a combo in the face and still be able to fight. (Knows from experience in shooting oneself in the face).

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Combos aren't OP. Just extremely easy to use. I would agree that, for the most part, they are impossible to dodge. It's basically a guaranteed hit. Still, playing only with combos does not guarantee a win. MA beats a combo any day. I think they are a nice addition to dueling, OP or not.
I was in a PUG the other day, and I wanted to see how well I could use the combos. I thought them useless before, but on closer observation I found them very nice. I could easily zone out an enemies flight ability, and kept him hitting the floor many times before finishing him off with a rocket. I dunno how OP one would consider it, but the other guy didn't have a chance once I knocked him lower in his flight using the first combo.

Application-1

test bester
Combo's are very usefull though the nade passing is a big con for me. I use it all the time but the fact you can pass a flag so far is just lame. Small maps are just easy to cap these days and when someone is low on hp he is going to nade pass anyway. So maybe that can be changed.

Buhlitz

You can also suicide nade jump llama and pretty much fire the flag off the flag stand uncontested almost every time.